Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does anyone else see this as a problem?

I'm loving the hell out of my evo, but it has occurred to me that when the phone is sat down on its back, it is resting on the camera lens

Now I'm one that actually hates using cases...I think the designs of these devices are works of art and are to be displayed in a sense, but I have a clunky old body glove case on mine simply for this reason

Are we just supposed to use the kickstand all the time? Is that just how it is? Not that I'm complaining, I was just curious as to what others thought about this or if I was the only one and maybe I'm just crazy.

the camera lens is a bad design, we have to deal with it. I use a Seidio case and while it does offer some protection you still need to be aware of where your setting the phone
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
    the camera lens is a bad design, we have to deal with it. I use a Seidio case and while it does offer some protection you still need to be aware of where your setting the phone
    where did you get your Seidio case? Did you have to order online? I only ask because I prefer to just buy in store so I can have it right away. Are they available in store?

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caveman663 View Post
    where did you get your Seidio case? Did you have to order online? I only ask because I prefer to just buy in store so I can have it right away. Are they available in store?
    Best Buy sells platinum cases that are the same as seidio. Or go on Amazon and type in Seidio Evo Case.

Those are your best bets for thing cases that will also protect the camera on the phones back.

I went to Best Buy and bought the Platinum (Pt) case for mine for the same reason. It isn't any more uncomfortable that the phone on it's own and I like the textured grip. The grip makes me feel like I'll be less likely to accidentally drop the phone.

You can buy the Siedio Innocase 2 at Best Buy. They are private labeled as a Platinum Series...but made by siedio. There is also a second model there as well, a front/back snap on case...also made by siedio.

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

I just cut a little piece from an old pack of screen protectorsand put it on. I don't notice any camera difference and can just replace that whenever it shows some wear.

I don't care for cases but have been considering a soft rubbery one because I think the sides are a little slippery to hold and to protect it from falls. Those pics of cracked screens scare me. My ATT Tilt could take anything, but I don't think this would stand the same abuse.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

so others are seeing this as a problem and it's not just me...thats good to know, i just hadn't seen it brought up by anyone

so its either case and it can sit down flat on a surface or its the ol' kickstand to protect the camera...got it!

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

It's not just you. Most of us noticed it from the reviews before the phone even came out. Most have cases that gives it a little protection.
    "I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past"
    Thomas Jefferson

Not a brilliant design. There is a very slightly raised ring around the lens, so if you set it on something flat it should be ok, but on uneven surfaces the glass could easily touch the service.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Yeah, I hate putting cases on my phone also but felt I "had" to get a case to at least protect the camera lens alone. I have the BB Platinum/Seido case but the case isn't too bad.

Otherwise...I LOVE the EVO!!

Quote Originally Posted by scaots View Post
    I just cut a little piece from an old pack of screen protectorsand put it on. I don't notice any camera difference and can just replace that whenever it shows some wear.

I don't care for cases but have been considering a soft rubbery one because I think the sides are a little slippery to hold and to protect it from falls. Those pics of cracked screens scare me. My ATT Tilt could take anything, but I don't think this would stand the same abuse.
    +1 on cutting down a screen protector. I got the 3 pack from Sprint when I got the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by scaots View Post

Very good idea. I have some old ones from my BB that I never used. SaWeet!

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

It would be a problem if I wasn't using a case that seems to protect the lens from contact with any surface I put it on. Stock (without a case) however, I see a huge problem considering how easily the camera lens scratches.

The lens was one of the first things I worried about when I ordered my phone through Sprint. I also ordered the Seidio Innocase Limited Edition from Amazon so when I got my phone, I had the case at the same time. It leaves just enough gap that the lens doesn't hit anything - but I am still very careful where I put the phone just in case

If you are looking for cases, why not consider supporting Android|Central:
    http://store.androidcentral.com/spri...o-4g-cases.htm