Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I got my Replacement today.

I got my Replacement from sprint for the light bleed/ screen issues, it a version 3. I still have the bleed but not as bad and now I have a dead pixel. And also the most annoying thing the battery cover doesn't quite fit right and keeps popping off the left side. Seems to be faster though.

Well that bites Are you swapping it again by chance?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Have decided yet. I can live with this bleed but cover is annoying.

I also have the cover problem, well had. I went to the Sprint store and they replaced the back cover with another Evo, now its flush.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

that's probably what I will do. I am have terrible luck with this phone. I just called a different store and told him my bad luck and he said bring back in. He said he couldn't guarantee a replacement but he could look at the door issue. I said that great Ill be in tomorrow.
    Last edited by rem_kujawa; 06-22-2010 at 08:55 PM.

Global Posts
    577 Global Posts

Still waiting on my replacement, 2 weeks on thursday. Mine has a white patch inside the screen about the size of a BB. I took it in just to see if there was anything to fix it and got put on a list for a new one.

I just got a replacement for my Evo from my local bestbuy. They had tons of Evo's in stock......it was weird.

PS: For anyone still trying to get one, it's the BestBuy at Gateway mall in Brooklyn.

Finally got my replacement today. Screen is great. No more light bleed on the bottom :-) Version 0003 hardware. Counting the travel time for buying this phone and trips back to the Sprint store(an hour away) I had 10 hours road time total. That sucks but they did give me a service credit to pay for my gas.

Default Re: I got my Replacement today.

How does the replacement work at best buy. Will they take your number down or do u just have to keep calling until u find a store with a evo

HTC Evo
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Ive got a small amount of bleed, but man this phone still rocks.

Default Re: I got my Replacement today.

Yea I love this phone. But two weeks into having the phone one of my pixels died. Is it worth exchanging it with the possibility of getting a phone with more problems?

HTC Evo

I want to exchange mine, and was planning to just swap for a new one during the first 30 days... Its just that with supply so low, its hard to get a Sprint store to do it. I was worried that calling sprint, I would just get a refurbed one... Are the ones from sprint refurbed this early in the game?

Global Posts
    4,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yeah, did you have to bring the box, the charger and everything back or did you get to keep that? Did they give you a whole new unit with box and all, or was it just the phone itself. Also, if you go to the phone dialer and type in ##786# and wait for a few seconds, and then scroll down towards the bottom of the screen, what does it say for Refurb status and date?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

They have to give you a new one if it is with in your 30 days. That is if it needs to be exchanged. I called HTC and he was really concerned about the dead pixel, the bleed and battery door bothers me more. My Sprint store said they had a few on hand for replacement and repairs only. So just call before hand.

Global Posts
    4,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I am on the list at Best Buy for a replacement. My screen is lifting and I have a weird scrolling issue on mine where it likes to jump to the end of the list even if my finger is still on the screen trying to scroll the other way. The scrolling problem is intermittent though.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

This one I noticed the home keys do not light up when it is plugged in and charging. If I unplug it they light up even when I plug it back in. But when the screen times out and I unlock it does they do not light back up.