Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I manage my bookmarks?

How do I manage my bookmarks? I can't figure out how to delete, or rearrange my bookmarks, especially the ones from bookmarks widget.

I use sms backup and restore and its free in the market. It will let you rearrange your bookmarks and allow you to backup and restore. Good luck.

Try Bookmark Sort & Backup in the Android Marketplace. It does everything you want to do. Rearrange, delete and it works with the widget. It also does backup and restore. It stores your backup on SD card.

Here is the Appbrain link:

Bookmark Sort & Backup - Android app on AppBrain

If you like it download in marketplace.

By the way, it is a free program.
    Last edited by dfine1966; 06-22-2010 at 10:05 PM.
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

From the Browser, click on Menu, then click on Bookmarks to get to your bookmarks. Now click on the bookmark you want to delete/modify and keep your finger on it until another context menu comes up. From this menu you can delete that bookmark among other things.
    Last edited by MannyZ28; 06-23-2010 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    From the Browser, click on Menu, then click on Bookmarks to get to your bookmarks. No click on the bookmark you want to delete/modify and keep your finger on it until another context menu comes up. From this menu you can delete that bookmark among other things.
    The thing is, I think he also wants to reorganize, which it doesn't let you do. Bookmark Sort & Backup does all that and it is free. Why hassle.

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yep you're right, can't move them around...too bad really.

Actually when you to to browser > bookmarks and hit menu there is a sort option. Only list alphabetically, by most used and date. Does not seem to effect HTC widget though <shrug>

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    From the Browser, click on Menu, then click on Bookmarks to get to your bookmarks. No click on the bookmark you want to delete/modify and keep your finger on it until another context menu comes up. From this menu you can delete that bookmark among other things.
    Thank you sir, I couldn't figure that out.

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    Thank you sir, I couldn't figure that out.
    No problem.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Thanks a million. This did the trick.

What exactly did the trick?