Weird headset/phones issue

sveilien

Jun 18, 2010
www.punnyshirts.com
At night I listen to "white noise" though headphones while browsing and playing on my EVO. Well sometimes when going between apps, the headphones icon will change to the headset icon and the phone will start doing random things like pop up voice search, start the music player and even start a phone call. I have to unplug the headphones to make it stop.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

mhespenh

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Another user had a similar problem when using his EVO in the car connected to his stereo.

Try some of the fixes from his thread.

HTH,
-Michael

/*
EDIT: Inline linking acting wonky for me, here is the direct link for copy/paste: forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/14006-strange-issue-when-connecting-evo-car-stereo.html
*/

Last edited:

SPL15

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
The headphone jack on your EVO is junked... The way the phone senses headphones vs headset is impedance of the connection. In a PROPERLY working jack, the Microphone input (3rd band on headset plug) is shorted to the ground connection on a 2 band cable (headphones or male to male adapter) which tells the phone that it is headphones or audio only output. On a headset, the microphone input see's a higher impedance from the microphone connection which tells the phone that there is microphone attached. NOW on your phone & many other HTC phones with the slanted weird jack, the microphone connection in the jack is junked where it does not make good contact so the phone sees a higher impedance & thinks there is microphone attached... Thank HTC for poor manufacturing & engineering, I had the same problem on my Hero. I fixed it by taking it apart & bending the headphone jack contacts to make contact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae