Austin, TX Evo thinks it's in New York City

justryan

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This is the second morning that I have been woke up an hour early by my alarm because my Evo thinks I'm in NYC. I was doing some voice searches in Google last night and it was pulling up results in Manhattan. Outside of that I'm not sure what's happening. I always leave gps location on. Each time this happens, a restart of the phone fixes the issue. The only thing I can think of is to turn off network time updates. This isn't ideal but I don't know what could be causing this to happen. Anyone else experience this?

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
havent experienced that to your extreme but my gps is off a little too and since I'm in Killeen i'm colse enough to see a pattern forming. Make sure ur set to central standard that my help. Try finding a good spot where ur google map actually pinpoints ur location....mine was at work....I then turned gps off waited about 5 mins and turn it back on at the exact same location and its worked ok since.

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
This is the second morning that I have been woke up an hour early by my alarm because my Evo thinks I'm in NYC. I was doing some voice searches in Google last night and it was pulling up results in Manhattan. Outside of that I'm not sure what's happening. I always leave gps location on. Each time this happens, a restart of the phone fixes the issue. The only thing I can think of is to turn off network time updates. This isn't ideal but I don't know what could be causing this to happen. Anyone else experience this?

I have this problem but its because I use an AirAve at home.
Any GPS functions will automatically put me in Canton Ohio because the AirAve is a femtocell that probably routes directly there from my ISP connection.

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
FOUND a possible settings fix

I just did a test last night..

this fixed my weather app from displaying the wrong cities.

Go to SETTINGS-> LOCATION

Turn OFF "use wireless networks" ( this only applies to tracking your location it wont turn off your wifi or connection)

Under LOCATION SETTING turn ON

Under USE GPS SATELLITES- Put a CHECKMARK on it.

This fixed my weather app for Sense UI, It should fix any other location based issues you have.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae