Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    ROM
    SPRINT LOVERS

Talking 30fps issue broken!!!!

[RESEARCH] 30FPS issue - Page 18 - xda-developers

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Only on 0003 revision hardware with a specific supplier's screen.

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Wow...I hope my Evo replacement will be 0003

They are working to see if they can do same on 0002
    Get Android Enjoy The Freedom.

Default Re: 30fps issue broken!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Wow...I hope my Evo replacement will be 0003
    Not all 003 have the Epson screen so even then no guarantee!!

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk

Didn't read the article yet, but is there a way to tell what screen we have?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Default Re: 30fps issue broken!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Yeah there is a tuturial on ppcgeeks on how to check.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Why they always pick several subs to get their parts from....hmm....guess the big screen smart phone market neccesiates it.

So, does this mean that the statement HTC made about the HDMI port being the limiting factor is a bunch of crap?
    Last edited by MannyZ28; 06-23-2010 at 08:55 AM.

Why they always pic several subs to get their parts from....hmm....guess the big screen smart phone market neccesiates it.

So, does this mean that the statement HTC made about the HDMI port being the limiting factor is a bunch of crap?
    Great question...

Maybe, maybe not. Someone would have to test to see if uncapping jacks up the HDMI output performance.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

We will find out as soon as the Droid X gets into the hands of some bloggers that will run the same test on it. It has a HDMI port, and it if does 60 fps, then that either means HDMI is not an issue, or, TI OMAP 3630 with PowerVR completely owns Snapdragon.

Since there are different versions of the phone and the screen, a simple patch from HTC might be difficult to do, unless the patch contains fixes for every version Evo out there. Why can't they just get it right from the get go!

So how do we go about executing this fix?????

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Here's a link:

*EDIT* You can find out what screen you have by downloading android terminal emulator. Once open type "dmesg" and hit enter. Once its done, scroll up and look for <7> line with mddi
    Last edited by as4life; 06-23-2010 at 12:21 PM.

man that's a lot of bull to go through...LOL. So this FPS fix kills your camera?

I downloaded the Android terminal emu and typed dmsg and a lot of stuff came up next to line <7> so what do I exactly look for to help find out which screen I have in my evo v003? Thanks for the info.

did you notice how removing the cap also removes the scroll lag? happiness for evo!

ROM
    Miui

So for those of us with 002 hardware versions and still inside our 30 day window... should we try to return them for 003 versions?

Does anyone know if the newer batch of 0003's are coming with the espson screen or whether it's just luck of the draw even with the new batches?

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deaofly View Post
    I downloaded the Android terminal emu and typed dmsg and a lot of stuff came up next to line <7> so what do I exactly look for to help find out which screen I have in my evo v003? Thanks for the info.
    My apologies. Look for mddi. Mine says Mddi_epson_power: power_on which means i have epson screen.

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

So the Epson screen is superior to the Novatecs? Wow... this is really getting ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by akarol View Post
    So the Epson screen is superior to the Novatecs? Wow... this is really getting ridiculous...
    LOL!! no kidding...

Quote Originally Posted by jrun View Post
    So for those of us with 002 hardware versions and still inside our 30 day window... should we try to return them for 003 versions?
    Ditto..
    ?
    Banned

Lol I really doubt just one kind of screen will be capped at 30 fps guys calm down. I'm sure there will be a fix or something down the road. No need to go crazy and start returning Evos...

Why they always pick several subs to get their parts from....hmm....guess the big screen smart phone market neccesiates it.
    Not unusual for a manufacturer to source from multiple parts suppliers. Sometimes, no one supplier can meet the demand. It also insulates the manufacturer from supply chain issues. If all the screens come from vendor A, and their factory goes down for some reason, HTC is stuck. But if they have a second vendor, HTC can continue production, even if at a slower rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Raf View Post
    . So this FPS fix kills your camera?
    Is this true? If so it's pretty useless at the moment. I won't give up the camera for smoother scrolling.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

I am sure that all screens will be capped eventually, but I want to know if there is any difference in quality between them. I don't want to get the short-end of the stick here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast