Word processor?

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty sure I saw some apps out on the market place for this. I havent dl's any yet I dont think , but were quite a few. I dont recall seeing anything installed on the phone though.
I think the Quickoffice was just a medium to open MS Office files?

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Docs to Go is what you want. It's absolutely worth the price if you need to create/edit any Office document.

Agree with above, Documents to Go has been around since the days of Palm OS and is a very capable alternative for on-device editing of MS Office documents.

You also have a paid version of QuickOffice that adds full MS Office editing capabilities to the viewer only version that is shipped with the phone.

Both of these programs are available from the Android Market.

Braaainz

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the full version of Docs to Go. I recommend it, but I have been having problems with using it in landscape view.

Right now, even with that, it's still the best currently available.

I noticed that there's an app now to better sync with GDocs, so maybe some more stuff is coming soon.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I've been a Documents-To-Go (DTG) user on the Palm/WM platform for years and came to enjoy this product very much; was pleased to see it available in Android.

Having said that, took the full version of QuickOffice for a spin and decided to keep it over DTG for my Evo. I am very pleased with the overall functionality and the added ability to read/edit/create Google Docs within this application.

This allowed me to easily use/sync all my notes from MS Outlook <-> Google Docs <-> QuickOffice no matter where I happen to be working from.

Last edited:

slthree

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I can't speak for Docs To Go on Android but I have used it for years with my treo and will buy it for my Evo.

It is a great program.

Braaainz

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
If you're planning on doing word processing, might I recommend the Freedom Pro Keyboard?

It can use with SPP or HID bluetooth. Android doesn't have HID bluetooth capabilities (yet), but the drivers for the keyboard will let it sync via SPP bluetooth. I have the keyboard currently and LOVE it. There's still some issues to be worked out, but the developers are very approachable and are eager to get things working seamlessly.

Plus, when Google finally gets around to adding HID to Android, the keyboard will still work!

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
My kids use Microsoft Word for school projects.
How would that work on the Tab?
Their professors must receive the projects in Word format.
Could they?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad