Who wants dessert?

gypsy76#AC

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
this is called the waiting game, flooding already hard at work developers i dont think would solve the problem, though your idea has ran through many peoples minds when something "new" is learking

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if they're going to just wait until they have any bug fixes buttoned up, and then include everything in a Froyo update. I'd like to see how much faster the device gets with Froyo on board.

jwindsurfer

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

the source was. not the same thing. misleading topic

Ah no, I wasn't meaning to imply that the source was ready for you install on your phone. I think that was pretty obvious from the rest of my post. Google has officially released Froyo today. It's still up to specific phone manufacturers (or hackers) to implement it on devices.

And I also wasn't intending to flood any developers. HTC or Sprint don'e route public emails directly to developer's inboxes, LOL. It's merely the idea of letting them know people want it.

How fast has HTC been so far in upgrading phones as new Android releases come out? Not very fast I don't think, when they've provided upgrades at all. I think it requires significant cooperation from Sprint as well. Hopefully the hackers will finish pretty soon. The noise is that Sense is not really needed with the latest enhancements in 2.2.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
HTC already said they will be giving the EVO Froyo. It will happen. HTC wants to release it as soon as they can. But they have much larger concerns than your average custom ROM guy on XDA. They need to produce a rock-stable ROM with HTC's Sense UI. And they have to issue it to Sprint for QA checks on their side. This stuff takes time. Even once a ROM is finished, it's not usual to have it stuck in QA and Sprint for a month before release.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay