EVO's 4g Hotspot is rad and World Cup!!!

theiphonewannabe

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
So today I really put 4g through its paces. I have read many places where the Speedtest.net app is giving around 3-4mbits per second, but I wanted to see what it could do in real world circumstances.

To start, I work from home on Wednesday, so it was a perfect time to test things. To begin, I turned on World Cup coverage on ESPN to make sure I didn't miss a heart-pounding minute of USA vs. Algeria. Streaming was as clear as my Comcast connection and I had no problem seeing all the action.

My job requires me to take analytics and support calls all day, so I need phone access and internet access simultaneously. Total win for the EVO on this one. I was super impressed at the speeds and the call clarity. All the time the World Cup match was going on in the background (muted).

To really max it out, I tried to stream my Netflix on my 17 inch monitor. No issues at all. Picture was clear and not pixelated.

My final task was to use the actual Speedtest.net site to see my down speed..... 5mbits per second.

Oh, I forgot to mention that my wife is downstairs updating our blog....

This is one sweet setup.

theiphonewannabe

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Totally. My people and their people should do lunch. lol.

As for the 30 dollar charge... totally worth it. Will continue testing through the end of the week to make sure, but I am thinking I say goodbye to my 64.99 plus tax Comcast bill this week.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca