Sprint's Email w/ Battery Tips

Richard_Danger

May 16, 2010
www.twitter.com
Did anyone else get the email from sprint with a link to a support article on extending battery time?

If you didn't here is the link

Support - Article

The article pretty much reiterates what many of the users on here have suggested, except they have a whole section devoted to Google Talk. Apparently you are automatically signed into it if you sign into the android market or gmail. I do not use Google talk, so this was useful information and i followed their instructions on how to turn it off.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this article? It appears Sprint may be aware of the Evo's battery issues.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I clearly remember turning off Google Talk before. I just went into Running Services and noticed it was running again. What gives?

DannRathers

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
This really should help out. I turned google talk off which I never use..regulated the apps updated times...wish I could get the random apps not to turn on when i never use them..sometimes i will see fring, amazon apps running under ATK.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have these others. Anyone care to help me understand what these are and if they are vital?

Calendar: ObexService

Calendar: Connectivity Service

HTC DM: HtcDmService

HTC IQAgent: Agent Service

com.smithmicro.DM: DMServiceApp

Touch Input: Touch Input

Silent Toggle Widget: SilentToggle Service----------now this I know what it is. No problem here.
Gmail Unread Count: MonitorUnread Service-------same here...know about this one.

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have these others. Anyone care to help me understand what these are and if they are vital?

Calendar: ObexService

Calendar: Connectivity Service

HTC DM: HtcDmService

HTC IQAgent: Agent Service

com.smithmicro.DM: DMServiceApp

Touch Input: Touch Input

Silent Toggle Widget: SilentToggle Service----------now this I know what it is. No problem here.
Gmail Unread Count: MonitorUnread Service-------same here...know about this one.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe all of those are vital and you shouldn't worry about them.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah...I'll go with that suggestion. I'm not swamped with stuff running and my battery life recently has been more than satisfactory.

badbradd2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to make Google Talk keep you signed out, it seems like after reboot it just logs you back in again. It would be nice if you could make it require a password each time, that way it wouldnt log you in. Why would they make it log you in to google talk no matter what? Even on my G1 it didn't do this.

Tiradora

May 26, 2010
Visit site
@badbrad2

Anyone know how to make Google Talk keep you signed out, it seems like after reboot it just logs you back in again. It would be nice if you could make it require a password each time, that way it wouldnt log you in. Why would they make it log you in to google talk no matter what? Even on my G1 it didn't do this.

You will have to go into gtalk, choose settings and uncheck the automatic log in...otherwise you will always find it restarting and running in your running applications.

badbradd2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I did this when I first got the phone and many times since, but it still logs me in regardless. Even when I check the settings it will be unchecked still.

dmrdsm

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Same with me and Google Talk. I'm always having to force stop it. I rarely use it and I've read Sprints instructions (battery performance letter) a million times and what I'm doing doesn't seem to help.

I got a new computer a couple of months ago and didn't even install Talk on my computer, so it can't be anything to do with that side.

I've just learned that I have to check it a couple of times a day to see if it's running and force it to stop.

I also have disappearing speed dial numbers. All are assigned and everyone once and a while one of more come up missing and I have to assign them again. Yesterday #7 was blank and for the ??? time, I had to reassign it. Very odd.

My daily routine...check for missing speed dial numbers and if Talk is running! Still some quirks out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt