1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help for Slingplayer and my Dish 922?

Just got the 922 and downloaded the player. Can someone who has both walk me through the software set up? Do I have to create a sling account? Where do I get the sling box ID? Any help would be appreciated.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Default Re: Help for Slingplayer and my Dish 922?

Quote Originally Posted by DrAndroid View Post
    Just got the 922 and downloaded the player. Can someone who has both walk me through the software set up? Do I have to create a sling account? Where do I get the sling box ID? Any help would be appreciated.
    Uhh, you do know you need a sling box, right?

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro

ouch and he learns the $200 dollar lesson....
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

The Dish 922 is loaded with sling. The setup of a sling player AND a Dish 922 (w/sling) is not intuitive so I'm looking for someone who has made the connection.

oh I just looked it up. I never knew Dish made a DVR with sling but they do! How much did you pay for it?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

As emaster101 stated... $200. I'm trying to make the final handshake.

looked around and found this post:
    Called Dish again and got someone actually willing to contact the engineers. They showed me how to get the Sling ID and password from the receiver. (Hitting Menu twice on the remote). They then had me log into and add the receiver that way. After adding it, everything worked perfect. I have to say I am very impressed with the quality of the mobile sling (windows mobile phone). Definitely glad I got the 922.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks that's exactly what I need. I'm looking forward to making this work. It's the final piece of the puzzle for making my evo darn near perfect. The 922 also has 2 usb ports for my two external hard drives. I used to have to swap drives on my 722. Thanks for your input everyone.

After reading all this I may upgrade my 722 to the 922 - nice to know the Evo plays nice.

Only thing really stopping me is the fact that the 922 isn't a dual tuner DVR (since the 2nd tuner is the Slingbox)

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

I'm a little confuse, I was about to buy sling player but do I need some else besides the app to watch tv

I thought that you couldn't use the mobile app with the 922 yet... At least I think that is what I read somewhere... I could be wrong though...

I take that back.. check this forum out, maybe you can get some help if needed:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Dish is handling support for the 922 and sling player android. It took a little while BUT I got out working and its great. I've got a few things to figure out but it was worth the hassle. The video quality is ok but you have to remember the power you have in your hands! Sling will be my top application. Gotta love this phone.