Need Help with Radio Shack Purchase

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
So I got my phone from Radio Shack on launch day and everything has been going just fine until I notice the screen starting to peel on the bottom left corner of my phone. This is completely unacceptable so I called in the same store to get a replacement. As expected, they were backordered and had over 10 people in the wait list already and were getting 2 a week. I called Sprint and they said I have to go through them since it is still within the 30 days. So I'm thinking I am just going to return my phone with them and re-purchase it through Sprint before my 30 days are up. Which raises the question...

How much time before I am re-eligible for this upgrade if I return the phone within the 30-day window?

EvoPimp

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
So I got my phone from Radio Shack on launch day and everything has been going just fine until I notice the screen starting to peel on the bottom left corner of my phone. This is completely unacceptable so I called in the same store to get a replacement. As expected, they were backordered and had over 10 people in the wait list already and were getting 2 a week. I called Sprint and they said I have to go through them since it is still within the 30 days. So I'm thinking I am just going to return my phone with them and re-purchase it through Sprint before my 30 days are up. Which raises the question...

How much time before I am re-eligible for this upgrade if I return the phone within the 30-day window?

I am in the same boat as you. I spoke with Sprint today, and they said that I would be eligible to repurchase as new customer or upgrade immediately.

badbradd2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well that does suck. I'll probably just wait until they have some in stock then in a few weeks and hope I don't get a screwed up refurb model, which I probably will knowing my luck. I also rooted mine, so I hope I can unroot it...I heard it was possible somewhere....

ldudiaz

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Before u return the phone call up sprint one more time and make sure u are able ro purchaae the phone again as a new costumer, i mean im sure u can, but you have to do it through sprint u cant go to best buy or radio s after u return the phone as i was explained by a sprint costumer care person and then get the same discount. sprint system wont let u do it unless is with them and then u have to worry about the rebate and all that

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
i am a manager at one, tell your store they need to do a feedback for you and one will ship directly from the warehouse to their store for you as a swap. i just got one in today for a customer i had to swap his.

kenjancef

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I was told that I would have to get a new phone and account numbers. Which would suck.

I don't get that... and I see it here a lot about exchanging a phone. Why would you lose your number?? I had been through 3 Blackberry Tours and NEVER had to change anything when swapping the phones, then I switched to a Hero, then the EVO.

Unless I am misunderstanding something???????

Because I don't have the screen peel, but I do have an annoying light shining up from the Home button to the screen, and I will get it replaced, but just waiting until the stock piles up...

Ken

sybexs

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I went into a radio shack to return my evo and they told me due to the shortage the return policy has been extended to 60 days. is this true or was he just trying to blow me off...

EvoPimp

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't get that... and I see it here a lot about exchanging a phone. Why would you lose your number?? I had been through 3 Blackberry Tours and NEVER had to change anything when swapping the phones, then I switched to a Hero, then the EVO.

Unless I am misunderstanding something???????

Because I don't have the screen peel, but I do have an annoying light shining up from the Home button to the screen, and I will get it replaced, but just waiting until the stock piles up...

Ken

Because it wouldn't be a simple exchange, it would be a return/refund since they dont have any in stock and dont know when they will. It would be cancelling your current contract, and starting a new one at Sprint or where ever you can find another phone.