Pics of the Bad EVO Issues

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Ive been hearing about all the negative hardware as well as software problems with the EVO but havent seen any pics ... Whether light leakage or peeling issues or "horrible" pics and videos people are complaining about ... Can anyone with issues post them here with pics ... At least so we all know what we are looking for.

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Not to pick a fight, but you COULD probably just search for them since they are all over this forum.

Seems kind of messed up to ask ppl to repost just for your convenience, and also will help lessen the clutter of this forum as well.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
You guys are all over me like stink on Sh*t ... Apparrently the autosearch isnt too accurate ... My bad ... Guess I took the easy way out .

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
HAHA, sorry as you probably know 99.99% of these "requests" are usually BS and lazy members. So maybe your request/question was legit but you knew you were gonna hear it though:p

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
@solo1 don't be sorry you asked a question hopeing to get a answer,but sum around here must have forgot this place is suppose to be helpful.If you don't have anything nice to say just carry on,your not forced to post anything.Here's a couple things i found had to go back 10+ pages.Hope this help in what you were looking for.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...ving-light-leakage-capacitive-buttons-16.html
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/17668-camera-really-bad.html
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/17128-who-said-evo-cant-take-pics.html
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/16694-those-button-backlight-bleed.html
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/18602-purchased-evo-6-18-cracked-6-19-a.html

Reactions: rockcrawler

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure why someone would need pics. I think if your phone had an issue you'd be able to see it and wouldn't need pics. I'm not knocking the OP, just genuinely confused.

mandyd78

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I can see wanting to see pictures. I don't have any issues with my Evo, but I clicked on this thread hoping to see pictures of some of the issue. Out of curiosity :)

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Im on the forums everyday ... throughout the day so Ive read and seen isolated things .... But it just seems that many people become EVOChondriacs about every lil thing that the hear on the net ... My point in posting this was to see all these legit pics in one spot to make everyone say "damn" look at this ... "damn" look at that ... A rare pic here or there with someone actually PULLING the screen of isnt enough for me to say there is a problem ... I am not saying these issues arent legit ... I am just saying show us .... Or maybe its just me.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I'd like to see pics as well.
I couldn't find pics of the screen lifting... even on Engadget or any other Android forums. People just talk about it.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I think you meant "learn to use search, Google and punctuation."

Glass houses and all.

haha that is great. i actually laughed out loud, no joke :D

people these threads show up every once in a while but if you are not going to contribute in a positive and respectful manor, why respond. I have come across threads and at first i want to bang my head against a wall because the thread's topic has been repeated multiple times. Then i realize i was in that boat when i first started. i am sure many of you can relate. be helpful if you are going to post because why would anybody want to help you in the future when they saw you acting disrespectful towards somebody asking for help. don't be that guy who act's like he knows everything and never did the same thing here or any other forum in past.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
haha that is great. i actually laughed out loud, no joke :D

people these threads show up every once in a while but if you are not going to contribute in a positive and respectful manor, why respond. I have come across threads and at first i want to bang my head against a wall because the thread's topic has been repeated multiple times. Then i realize i was in that boat when i first started. i am sure many of you can relate. be helpful if you are going to post because why would anybody want to help you in the future when they saw you acting disrespectful towards somebody asking for help. don't be that guy who act's like he knows everything and never did the same thing here or any other forum in past.

Yeah. And try searching for "Evo screen" or "Evo WiFi" or "Evo 4G speed."

You basically get every single thread that mentions Evo, screen, WiFi, 4G, or speed. The search isn't at all intuitive for common words.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I guess if you don't like your Sprint phone just return it in the first 30 days. No questions asked. It does not matter why.

If you are happy with your new Sprint phone, keep it.

If you are not happy, return it.

DougDarden

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Light Leakage at bottom in dark room:
1213d1275811729-anyone-else-not-having-light-leakage-capacitive-buttons-light1.jpg

Same as above:
1214d1275811736-anyone-else-not-having-light-leakage-capacitive-buttons-light2.jpg

Another:
4685841063_d5d01dbc9c_b.jpg

Raised plastic above the bevel:
1262d1275977667-anyone-else-not-having-light-leakage-capacitive-buttons-nolight2.jpg

There is one at the top of this Engadget article:
HTC EVO suffering from glass separation issues? -- Engadget

kjparfekt

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have trouble using the search on this forum as well. It often doesn't bring up results I know are there from the first page of the forum posts. Thanks to those of you that actually took the time to help. The pictures above identify the problems well.