HTC is testing a fix for the screen grounding issue!

letsgoflyers81

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
For everyone with the screen grounding issue, I have good news. HTC has a fix that they're currently testing. I got this e-mail back from HTC today.

Hi letsgoflyers81,

I got your device today and tested it. There was definitely an issue with the top half of the screen. It was very noticeable when I put it on a fleece jacket and tried to drag down the notification bar.

I installed an updated version of the software and the symptom completely disappeared. I am pretty confident that the solution we are currently working to certify with Sprint will address this issue for you. I can?t give you a schedule for the new software as we are still working on getting it tested and approved but you should not have to wait very long.

I will follow up with you again when we know the launch schedule for the new software and also check in with you after the update launches to confirm that you feel the issue has been resolved.

Thanks again for your help with this issue.

Regards,
(removed)

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Hmm.. I'm not an engineer.. but I thought grounding issues were hardware related.

I know my DC outlet in my car is not grounded. They can't just offer an easy fix for that. A grounding harness must be attached to it and then mounted to the engine frame to ground it.

now, screens might be different.. but same theory I would assume?

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it's just an issue of sensitivity not being high enough or being too high, something they can adjust via software.

Frankly, as long as it fixes the issue, I don't care if it's voodoo black magic.

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I know my DC outlet in my car is not grounded. They can't just offer an easy fix for that. A grounding harness must be attached to it and then mounted to the engine frame to ground it.

I'm a little confused on what you are saying. A phone plugged into a cigarette lighter is definitely grounded. You have circuit grounds and a chassis ground, the USB port has 4 connectors, a positive +5v and negative( ground) that connects to the phone chassis and the other 2 wires that are designated for data transfer) The negative and positive complete the circuit and is how your phone charges.

I haven't noticed any issues at all when my device is connected to a charger. I use a silicone case and an invisible shield as well and no issues.

I haven't really been able to replicate what was shown in those youtube videos, maybe im just lucky?

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't have this issue.
But I don't even use my phone grounded...
I guess it would matter if you use it when you're recording the Evo showing someone something.

Good to know that HTC is doing something about it.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm a little confused on what you are saying. A phone plugged into a cigarette lighter is definitely grounded. You have circuit grounds and a chassis ground, the USB port has 4 connectors, a positive +5v and negative( ground) that connects to the phone chassis and the other 2 wires that are designated for data transfer) The negative and positive complete the circuit and is how your phone charges.

I haven't noticed any issues at all when my device is connected to a charger. I use a silicone case and an invisible shield as well and no issues.

I haven't really been able to replicate what was shown in those youtube videos, maybe im just lucky?

Plug your phone into the cig outlet then plug a 3.5Mm cord into you phone that is going into your headunit for aux sound..hear that buzzing sound? Cig lighter outlets aren't grounded properly. I've seen this on just about every car I've ever been in. Unplug the charger and the buzz goes away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2