1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default EVO video chat Friendly with iphone 4

FOr video chat so far I have seen QIK & Fring.
    I have done video chat over fring but not yet QIK. Fring is also in the iphone market.

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

Assuming that Apple lets Fring access the front cam. Good luck with that.
    The only complaint I have about my EVO is that it turned my $300 netbook into a paperweight.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yeaahh i wasnt able to see my friend on the other side. so as of now Apple is not allowing third party apps to acess the front cam, which sucks

What did you expect from apple.....

Apple has stated they are using an open standard for facetime So as long as a developer uses one of the 7 or whatever standards it supports I don't see why Fring or qik would have any issues supporting a call from an EVO to an iPhone 4 . What would make you think they wouldn't do so?

I can't wait till they make it or work with fring and they have to be on wifi lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboyx69 View Post
    What did you expect from apple.....
    exactly! at least the Evo didn't do this

Global Posts
    673 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Jailbroken/Rooted

Or maybe Fring could make a tie-in to facetime and let us use Fring to facetime..

Yeah hopefully someone makes a facetime chat for Android...the more interoperable optiosn the better.

Better yet, lets hope the next update after Froyo adds native video chat support under either Skype, Facetime or something that will be widely used.
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

I'd like to see an app for "blow up iphone" or "crash iphone" or "install android on iphone" through the guise of a cross platform video chat client... sorry.