WiFi has just completely quit

ArkAngel06

May 18, 2010
Visit site
My WiFi isn't working at all...When I first got the phone, this happened, but then I set up a static IP address, and it seemed to fix it for a few weeks, but now its acting up again. When browsing the web with wifi, it will load the bar about half full then just stop, and not load the page....In the Marketplace, it cant download anything. I reset my router, hard reset my phone, erased all my router settings, and have tried just about everything, even waiting it out to see if it came back, but its been more than a day now.

Anyone know why this is or how to fix this?

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
For whatever reason? It has WEP because you haven't changed it. There's your reason.

I'm assuming you have other wireless devices to verify that it is not your router? Try your phone at a friend's place or a coffee shop that has open Wifi so we can eliminate the issue being your phone.

ArkAngel06

May 18, 2010
Visit site
No, I'm saying it has wep only, it doesn't allow wpa, or anything else. Wep or off. I know what I'm doing...and I hope that I wouldn't have to disable security to use WiFi.

My iPhone still works on WiFi, I will try at a public AP later today, after work.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My WiFi has disappeared too. Have you found a fix? I got a new router a few days ago and set it all up - connected my Evo and everything was just fine. Tonight, my wifi signal isn't even showing up - it's as if I'm in an area without wifi. The check box is checked in WIFI, but says "disconnected", then when I click on my connection below, it says strength: EXCELLENT (because I'm sitting right beside it) but no signal, no connection!?!?!

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Remake the wifi network on your phone... and when your putting the settings in, make sure you scroll down for settings like password.... it's easy to miss that.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If he didn't have security set right, he wouldn't even be able to partially download a page.

You haven't answered pownst_r's question: Can you verify that your router is working with other devices? Have you tried your phone on another router?

its_miller_time

May 19, 2010
Visit site
If he didn't have security set right, he wouldn't even be able to partially download a page.

You haven't answered pownst_r's question: Can you verify that your router is working with other devices? Have you tried your phone on another router?

He said... "My iPhone still works on WiFi, I will try at a public AP later today, after work. "

roothog

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
My WiFi has disappeared too. Have you found a fix? I got a new router a few days ago and set it all up - connected my Evo and everything was just fine. Tonight, my wifi signal isn't even showing up - it's as if I'm in an area without wifi. The check box is checked in WIFI, but says "disconnected", then when I click on my connection below, it says strength: EXCELLENT (because I'm sitting right beside it) but no signal, no connection!?!?!

On the screen with the list of available access points, tap the connection that you want. A popup will appear. Tap connect. There, you're back on.

In my experience, the EVO will periodically disconnect from my access point even though I have wifi sleep set to never. I then have to manually reconnect it.

roothog

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
My WiFi isn't working at all...When I first got the phone, this happened, but then I set up a static IP address, and it seemed to fix it for a few weeks, but now its acting up again. When browsing the web with wifi, it will load the bar about half full then just stop, and not load the page....In the Marketplace, it cant download anything. I reset my router, hard reset my phone, erased all my router settings, and have tried just about everything, even waiting it out to see if it came back, but its been more than a day now.

Anyone know why this is or how to fix this?

Things sound a little funky from the start---you shouldn't have needed to set a static IP when you first got the phone. Do other devices connected to the wifi access point also require static IP addresses, or just the EVO?

Did you accidentally give the same static IP address to two different devices? Or, did you assign the EVO a static IP address from the range of dynamic addresses that the access point hands out?

sfin54

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Same Problem

I am having the same issue as the OP.

Does not mater if I am at home (with WPA) or a cafe with open Wi-Fi, the Evo will not connect, even though it it says that it is connected.

I have tried deleting and resetting the connection to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
sfin54

ArkAngel06

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I never got back to this, cause after work, I went to a public WiFi connection, and it worked, but then when I got home it worked too, and now it's still working fine.

Just an odd problem. Sorry I cant be of more help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800