Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy my evo!!

I was trying out the camera in my backyard, when my phone slips off my hands and hit the only rock in my whole backyard.. talk about luck my evo!!-dsc00865.jpg

My condolences sir. I really hope you had insurance...

ROM
    MikG/Synergy

Makes me feel sick just looking at it.... I'm supposed to be getting my EVO this week - after seeing this and another similar post I think I will be springing for the insurance. What is the monthly fee for that?

Crap...TEP I hope
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanxu View Post
    Makes me feel sick just looking at it.... I'm supposed to be getting my EVO this week - after seeing this and another similar post I think I will be springing for the insurance. What is the monthly fee for that?
    with sprint is $7 bucks and if you buy the phone from best buy is $11 but does not cover if its stolen
    Thanked by:

ROM
    MikG/Synergy

Thanks.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

yeah i got insurance,i file the claim and they said it will take take 5 to 10 days to receive my new evo

Seeing these type of threads makes me so sad I almost feel like the phone needs a wrist strap because I've dropped mine a couple of times too, but not on anything hard like rock/concrete. I hope you get a replacement soon!

I always think I'm going to drop it when I'm using the camera. I miss having a wriststrap that is on my regular camera.

I was holding it through railing at a fence at the zoo the other day to take a picture thinking how much it would suck if I dropped it and the emu ate it.
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,062 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Lollipop" 5.0 Stock

First thing I did was get a silicon gel case. No slip. And Total Equipment Protection!! Too much glass to not warrant having it.
    --Inspector Gadget

Palm OS:Palm V / Palm IIIc / Visor Prism / Visor Phone / Treo 270 / Treo 600 / Treo 650
    Windows Mobile: Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Diamond
    WebOS: Palm Pre
    Android: HTC EVO 4G / HTC EVO 3D / Motorola Xoom / My Daily Drivers: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 / Nexus 5

whoa...that looks awful! What deductible did you have? Best Buy I think has no deductible.

Quote Originally Posted by omondragon21 View Post
    with sprint is $7 bucks and if you buy the phone from best buy is $11 but does not cover if its stolen
    TEP from sprint is $7.00 a month with a $100.00 deductible. (50.00 for non smart phones)

Its covered for ANYTHING including theft.. you can beat it with a hammer, pretend you lost it, throw it in the ocean, tell your friend to steal it. Lose it and find it again.
    Just remember though the ESN will be blacklisted from activation if you do a TEP claim and find it again.

I dont know what this insurance is with best buy you speak of... but above is sprint's

PS buy an invisible shield =)
    HTC Evo Cyanogen CM6

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

That sucks dude, at least you have insurance though.
    </awesome>
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Raf View Post
    whoa...that looks awful! What deductible did you have? Best Buy I think has no deductible.
    have sprints TEP so its was $100

better than shelling out the entire price for the device. Good stuff.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by chaosrecords View Post
    TEP from sprint is $7.00 a month with a $100.00 deductible. (50.00 for non smart phones)

Its covered for ANYTHING including theft.. you can beat it with a hammer, pretend you lost it, throw it in the ocean, tell your friend to steal it. Lose it and find it again.
    Just remember though the ESN will be blacklisted from activation if you do a TEP claim and find it again.

I dont know what this insurance is with best buy you speak of... but above is sprint's

PS buy an invisible shield =)
    best buy has there insurance called black tie protection which only covers if it gets damaged not stolen and they have no deductible.but you can only get it if you buy the phone from them and $11 is taken from your credit card or debit card monthly

All I can say is "OUCH"
    So Much for the Gorilla Glass.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by larryyork22 View Post
    All I can say is "OUCH"
    So Much for the Gorilla Glass.
    i dont think the evo comes with gorilla glass,i wish it did

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

"omg not gorilla glass **smirk**"

We got the Best Buy insurance and not for $10 or $11 a month either, we got it for $9.44 or $7.08 depending on how you look at it. Sure you can pay per month, but you can also pay for it in one shot when you get the phone. That price is $170 (for the 2 year contract). But they also have 18 months 0% financing going on right now. So instead of paying them $10 a month for 24 months = $240, we paid $170 over 18 months or $9.44, and then the last 6 months come along free for the ride. Or you can look at it as an average of only $7.08 a month. And this with no deductible. Sure, it doesn't cover lost or stolen but you can't have it all.

man what happened to the Gorilla Glass?

Quote Originally Posted by omondragon21 View Post
    I was trying out the camera in my backyard, when my phone slips off my hands and hit the only rock in my whole backyard.. talk about luck Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00865.JPG 
Views:	220 
Size:	228.1 KB 
ID:	1686
    damn doode!!!!! did you kill the rock ? Thats sucks

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Yikes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast