USB Sync issues - Sync screen not coming up

johnjbrock

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having issues with the sync option screen not coming up after plugging in the usb?

I plug it in, and all it does is charge without giving me the option to do anything else.

Settings: Connect to PC - 'Default connection type' set to charge only or disk drive and 'Ask me' set to checked.

If i turn the phone off and turn it back on, the sync option screen does work for the first time I plug in the usb. After that, I take it off, I get the same issue when I try to replug it.

yungwunn911

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
i cant get mine to sync period. not really sure what the point of htc syn is, never works for me and it seems like it only saves contacts and events. i could be compltetly wrong tho.

johnjbrock

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I havent even tried the htc sync.

Im just trying to get my phone to give me the option to choose a connection type when I plug in the usb cable.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I made a thread about it too. Mine does almost the same exactly thing. With me the first few times it'll give me the option on my phone but after a few tries it doesn't do it. The thing with mine is even when my phone does give me the option, my computer doesn't. What weird is the first few days I had the phone it worked with no problem. When I chose storage it would show on my computer. For some reason it wont even do that even if my phone is giving the option. It also wont sync at all with HTC sync. I have to say it's very very frustrating because I have a lot of pictures and video's that I want to upload.

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Did you try this on another computer to replicate?

When you disconnect are you doing it through just unplugging the cord? or are you right clicking the USB icon and "dismounting" or making it safe for removal in windows.

To me it sounds like its a 50/50 chance it could be your computer.

What OS are you running? specs/

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Well for me the problem is the computer wont recognize it at all. I get this when I plug it in:

USB Device Not Recognized
One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.

Now I dont think it's my computer because it's not working on the phones end either. I have to turn the phone off and then back on in order for the "connect to PC" options to come up. Even if I tap disk drive nothing happens. After a while the options wont even show. Now it did work on my friends Macbook ironically. What boggles my mind is it used to work fine before on my laptop and now it wont work at all, ever.

I'm running Windows 7. AMD Athlon 2 Dual Core @ 2.1ghz 4BG Ram. It also has a HDMI port, I wont if that'll work.. hmm..

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok so the problem is DEFINITELY the Evo. I just plugged my old Hero with 2.1 and everything worked with no issues instantly. Charging, HTC SYNC, Disk Drive and even Internet sharing worked with NO problem what so ever. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions? Or am I SOL and should I just hope this gets fixed with the supposed update on monday?

johnjbrock

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Its definitely the phone and not the computer.

Just a pain to turn off the phone and restart it so I can access the files on the SD card through the usb cable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith