Replacement EVO problems worse than my 1st....

habe

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I really am one of the unluckiest consumers out there......

My launch day EVO developed pretty bad screen lifting at the bottom and was starting to lift along the sides as well. My BB finally got some EVOS's in stock 3 days ago and put a replacement aside for me, which I picked up last night.

Phone looked really great, no screen issues at the bottom... seemed perfect. After I started setting up my apps this morning, I noticed that I couldn't access "text boxes" in one part of the screen. Any app that required a screen press in that area was useless. Long story short, there is about a 1/4" dead band all the way across the screen!

I've tried calibrating, resetting the phone, etc. Doesn't matter, the area is dead. Luckily I called BB this morning and they had ONE phone left which, they put aside for me. Sucks to be me. Otherwise, love the phone....

habe

note: My original phone was a 0002 build, new one is 0003

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I have been basically abusing my Evo. I have the invisa-shield and the protective case on it. So far, not a problem with it. I am suprised.

chazm

May 18, 2010
Visit site
What does abusing your phone have to do with the software and the screen lifting?
This phone is very buggy and to the OP i bet your third phone will have some problems too. I learn of new ones every couple of days

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I have had not one issue with my Evo and as far as battery life goes it outstanding now that I found the proper way to charge it. I got 60hrs out of it in the last two day, 24hrs of mixed usage and right now after a few texts and 1 half hr call my battery has been at 87% for the last 5hrs. Just because so people are having issues doesn't the phones buggy. Just like the new Iphone has its issues the first day out and its all over youtube but its not happening to everyone.