Apple responds to reception problem:

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Love that first comment: "Remember, you don't adjust the iPhone to fit you, you adjust yourself to fit the iPhone." So true!

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
You got to be kidding me, if any Android phone maker would say this they would get killed out here in the forums and on the tech news. But all is ok long as it is apple. soon apple will say to get best signal you have to skip on 1 leg and hold phone with right pinky and you thumb, and all the fan boys would go ohhhhhhhhh yeh thats totally cool. Apple people will eat anything that comes from Apple.

SPL15

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Apple is a communist company, Steve Job's is the dictator & what crApple says is the truth, you dont need to think about it cause they do it for you & You need to do as they say or else your life will be full of strife having to gain knowledge about how things actually work. Just put on your thick framed glasses & tight trendy knitted clothing & you will be apart of the "progessive" movement to communism where you don't need to think, just do as you are told. Don't listen to those radical people who think & gain knowledge for themselves, it's much easier just to do because you really aren't good enough & we like you just the way you are.

Being an EE, I knew this would be an issue. Hmm, an IRON Based Antenna that has contact with the body... solid Iron based materials make poor antenna's cause of their magnetic characteristics (they dont like to change magnetic fields too easily & quickly which is needed for Radio Frequency) & when an antenna is in contact with the body, you effectively ground the antenna... Hmm, logic would say that this would be a poor antenna! Ever notice ANY & EVERY phone gets better reception when your own fat ass isnt near it? Your body absorbs the RF that the antenna is supposed to get & your body radiates an EMI ground hum from the power grid that we are surrounded by. It does not make it better to be in direct metal contact with the antenna & an iron based antenna is downright stooped.

& to make it even mores betters, your hand is connecting a relatively LOW impedance connection to every antenna your skin contacts in the iPhone (low impedance compared to air). Antennas dont really like connections to differently tuned antenna's... This is why cheapass UHF & VHF over the air antennas for your TV are sometimes completely electrically isolated & at least impedance isolated as well as different geometry from each other & also why they MUST be spaced at least a meter apart on an antenna mast like back in the good ole days.

EDIT: & I am actually suprised that crApple didn't do or listen to real world in hand testing of the antenna. I'm sure it performed great in a RFI shileded anechoic chamber when no hands or external EMI & RFI could interrupt, but man. Any experienced Electronics Technician with only an associates degree worth their pay would know that having skin contact with an antenna will shunt the RF to ground & induce EMI 60hz hum thus pooping the signal out. & bridging antennas with skin will have a similar effect... Looks like Stevo lost his A-Game on this one

Last edited:

VKitty

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
They are the big kid on the block.. They can pretty much say anything.

Its nice when you are that powerful, cant do no wrong.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
You got to be kidding me, if any Android phone maker would say this they would get killed out here in the forums and on the tech news. But all is ok long as it is apple. soon apple will say to get best signal you have to skip on 1 leg and hold phone with right pinky and you thumb, and all the fan boys would go ohhhhhhhhh yeh thats totally cool. Apple people will eat anything that comes from Apple.

Umm Google said the identical response to the nexus one 3g signal dropping when you hold it in your hand cause it blocked the signal. It's just the way all cell phones behave when the antenna is touched by human hand. But I agree apple has a worse case of this issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruchi Chandel