SD Card Damaged? Error

JaxDreamFunding

May 6, 2010
www.jaxdreamfunding.com
I woke up this morning to my alarm going off on my EVO like it is supposed to, but there was no message on the screen to allow me to shut it off or snooze....so I had to pull the battery....when I restarted the phone, I got an error that the SD Card may be damaged. I shut the phone down and pulled the card out of the phone....put it in my computer...and tried to copy everything off the card. Almost everything copied...I lost a few photos and a couple of non-essential documents....but it took forever to copy...

I put everything on a new card and put it in my EVO and started back up...everything seems to be fine....so far...

Everything was fine last night and I can not tell what actually got corrupt on the card...should I get Sprint to replace the damaged card or try to reformat it and use it again?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you want to try formatting again, you shouldn't just use the standard Windows format option. It does not technically meet the SD and SDHC standards.

Panasonic has a free download of a program that correctly formats an SD Card (and all variants, micro SD, mini SD. . .)