Should I be upset about this dirt under my screen.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Dust under the screen, this device had been out of the new box for 1 hour. One sprint store said they would not replace this because it was cosmetic. Cosmetic or not this is one hour old. I wouldn't be having this discusion 6 months from now.

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I would be angry and I would press the issue. The device is under warranty and needs repaired. I had the same exact problem with my laptop and HP fixed it no questions asked.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
This sucks because there is nothing else wrong with it. I may be the unluckiest guy on this forum. But the brite side is, is that I still love this phone.

qitupx

May 16, 2010
Visit site
There must be something

There must be something wrong. I just got mine back because the haptic feedback buzzed a lot but also had some dust under the screen. Also had one dead pixel. NOT ANYMORE!

timlot

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I exchange my evo for just one tiny little speckle of dust at bestbuy. If they would have told me they wouldn't replace it I would have told them, "well thank goodness Sprint has this 30 day return policy. Give me money back and I'll take my bussiness elsewhere.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Don't you have to pay a 30 dollar restocking fee.

One other thing I found is that the volume rocker doesn't seem right. It clicks when I push on it. So when I think that pushed it it didn't really do anything because it seems like it has a two stage button.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I had to return a few PSP's before it was pretty painless. If my sprint store wont exchange it I just might return it and go but another one from best buy.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
No I'm upset because the first store and wouldn't exchange it because they said they could barley see and said it was cosmetic.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
good I thought I was being ridiculous. I'm going to keep fighting this.

I hoe you're at the store right now getting a new one.

If you have to call Sprint then call Sprint, but really you should be able to get this taken care of. That is crazy that, that phone would pass QA somewhere.

When you get your knew one make sure to thoroughly inspect it at the store, I've seen your post and just want you to end up with a good handset!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2