1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,441 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

Default Anyone elses Evo take forever to load in manage applications?

I keep seeing videos of going into "manage applications" and it seems almost instant it all pops up. Mine seems to delay, and take forever to load it. Any ideas?

i thought it was just me but yeah when i click on manage apps, it takes +30seconds, i just leave it alone and come back to it lol. luckily i've decided on my homescreen (launcherpro) so i don't need to go in and force close anymore.

I've got well over 100 apps loaded, and you might too. Seems like it doesn't take that long, considering the calculations involved

Mine opens instantly. I have 27 apps loaded from the android market.

edit: I should add that I don't use a task killer. I wonder if that can have an impact. Everyone should add if they use or don't use a task killer, and how often.
    Last edited by rodeiguez102; 06-26-2010 at 05:57 AM.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    1,441 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

Yeah mine now seems to open instantly. Dunno what I did..

I noticed that it takes a very long time to load (over a minute), and occasionally freezes. I have well over 200 apps installed. However, if I restart with a battery pull it loads instantly. I assume one or more of the apps is holding up the app manager when it/they are resident in memory.

Mine takes about 40sec to load. I have about 20 apps or so. Thats the only thing that lags as far as loading up for me.

I can't find any specs on how much space Froyo will need anyone see a number in MB? I have 291MB free so I am assuming its all good?

I've taken to managing my apps using App Brain for this reason...much easier to delete apps I don't want without having to wait for the built-in Manage Apps utility to launch.

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted

Mine is very slow to load. No task killer, and I've got only about 20 apps loaded (beyond what's preloaded).

I also end up using the AppBrain app to manage apps, since it's so much faster...but now I wonder if this app is somehow slowing down the native app manager. Any correlation there?

Also wonder if there's a connection to loading Astro file manager. I've got that, too.

So - fast loading folks: got either of those apps?

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen_speedy-toastcfh

No task killer here. I am coming to the EVO from the Hero and my Hero took a long time to load. I just figured that was the way it is but I have seen video where it launched much faster. I have around 40 apps loaded and mine takes at least 60 seconds to load.

Edit: I just tried a battery pull and that did the trick it opened rite up. There must be something runing in the processes that is slowing thongs down
    Last edited by Big D5; 06-27-2010 at 06:47 AM.

I've read that Froyo will make this a non-issue.

mine loads almost instantly, might take 5 seconds for the app icons to fully load. I have about 30 apps and I do use ATK

if you have played around with your phone quite a bit, and opened lots of apps, it will take a while for it to open.

however if you reboot it will open right away

^^^
    That makes sense. I can believe that the more apps you have running, even if in the background using no resources, the more information the program needs to gather. And a battery pull shuts down all the background apps.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by Disgustoid View Post
    I've taken to managing my apps using App Brain for this reason...much easier to delete apps I don't want without having to wait for the built-in Manage Apps utility to launch.
    Same works very well. Love going online and going through the market as well. So much more convenient.