Swapping out Batteries on the EVO 4G question??????

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Right out the box with the stock battery I got great battery life... Awesome even... I was averaging 12 - 16 hours with my worst day being 10 hours and my best being 30 hours on a single charge. I purchased a Seidio 1750 mAh back up battery and after 5 days on the stock battery I switched them out. Honestly I was getting about the same battery life. I saw no improved difference between the two and used the 1750 for freaking 10 days... two days ago I switched back to the stock battery and I barely got 6 hours before it went to 20% and that was with almost zero use (I was driving 8 hours for vacation) I plugged the phone up via the USB in my car and it went up to 100% in about 3 hours... Took it off and in under 5 hours it was dead (this time with regular use) I switched back to the Seidio 1750 mAh battery and put a full charge in it.... I took it off the charger last night at 10 pm.. Left it alone sitting on the night stand and at 7 this morning I was at 40% battery life remaining.. With the phone just sitting... Plugged it back up for 2 hours and I got another full charge again.... See how long she last me today... Very weird I had no problems at first but now I am getting killed on battery life... WTF??????

I have been using ATK since I got the phone.... I can tell you that last night from 10pm until 7 this morning it said 9 hours up time and 2 hours 45 minutes awake.... Only things that show in the battery usage is Cell Stand By 40%, Phone Idle 40% Android System 7% Android.process.acore 7% Display 2% and Android OS 2%..... Something is running some where to eat up my battery.... 2 hours and 45 minutes awake during 9 hours of sleeping?? I can't figure it out...

When I swap batteries I power the device "OFF" first and then remove the battery.... I have not downloaded or uploaded any thing "NEW" from the APP market over the past couple of days... All my settings are still the same (EVEN ATK is set at the same settings) Could it be possible the phone got confused when I switched from the so called larger capacity battery (the Seidio 1750 mAh) back down to the stock 1500 mAh battery? Maybe it's not reading actual battery life? Didn't have a problem when I switched up to the so labeled larger capacity battery?????

Over the last 3 days I have had to charge the device at least twice a day and am barely getting 6 hours out of a single charge when just last week I was averaging 12 - 16 depending on my usage.... as far as the up time and awake times I just don't know.... Typically I charge my phone overnight so I don't pay attention to those times but last night with bad battery I was curious and checked it this morning.....

Still love the phone just curious if any one has any suggestions or had similar problems???

Thank You...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams