Need some help with Google Calendar

Paevo

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I am having a heck of a time getting my google calendar to properly sync with my evo. I used the search on this forum and tried everything listed but nothing seems to have worked.
I went into my gmail account on desktop and added the calendar to mine by using the "add a friend's" and used their email address. It showed up on my desktop gmail calendar account right away. I then went to my evo checked to make sure it was syncing my calendar on my gmail account (it had a check by it). I went into the calendar and made sure that the name of the "friend's" calendar was in the list of calendars (it was and had a check by it). I hit sync in both the gmail setup and the calendar app, but the only thing I get on the calendar from google is US Holidays and anything on my regular calendar. I get nothing from the "friend's" calendar that I added on the desktop. Now the last event in that calendar is from May, but my calendar still shows US holidays from way before May.

I have tried a hard reset and only put in my gmail account, but I still get the same behavior. Any help is appreciated!

Paevo

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Seems nobody knows what is causing this to happen on my evo and a select few others. Must be some kind of setting somewhere since its such a small % of us, but I am not sure which side the setting is on; gmail or the evo.

Paevo

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Is that an android or HTC calendar app limitation? I can see the linked calendar on my gmail calendar on my desktop, and my palm pre used to sync up and show it without issue. It is a work calendar that has all the scheduling so it is something that I must have.
I know the calendar is set to Public on the account which it comes from. I am not given any other share options for this calendar on my end. It feels like there is some option that I am missing, I just don't know what.

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
I'm having this problem as well. However, it literally started just a few days ago. I added the World Cup calendar and up until this past Monday, it showed everything perfectly. But now it doesn't show any of the calendar. And yes, everything shows perfectly on the web version of the calendar via my computer, but even going to the Google Calendar website via my phone it won't show everything. This is frustrating!

HockeyPre

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I have my NHL schedules on my Calendar in Google. But for some reason its not syncing or there is not option to add it in the calendar app on my EVO.

Paevo

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
So does the calendar app just not like calendars that are added to our normal google calendar? I wonder if this is an HTC calendar app thing or Android.... This is quite frustrating.

HockeyPre

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Now I do remember on my Palm Pre, my "Extra" calendars wouldn't sync. Which were Sports (NHL) schedules. But there was a app called "Sports Calendar" which would add it to your calendar on your phone....

Paevo

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Well after the update, I had my friend add an event for august to his calendar that I have linked, and sure enough it showed right up on the calendar app. However, any previous entries from early-mid May do not show up. So I guess it just does not want to back sync? I don't necessarily need the older stuff but it would have been nice to be able to refer to it in case I need to compare meetings times on the go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar