no new ad on tv for evo

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
What the hell is wrong with sprint, I went to a motorcycle event yesterday n I lot of ppl when they saw me video chat their mouth dropped I had a circle around me watching this phone in action (i felt like sprint salesman) lol even one of my boyz who bought a bb fr sprint the knw about all the features on this phone...all this new ph's coming out fr other carries with good ads n we have a killer phone (the EVO) n some ppl out there never even seen a commercial on tv, cmon sprint take care of business if u want to stay on the race, u have what u was missing n that's a killer phone now we have it so let the world know

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Its most likely due to the lack of stock! If you have every store with at least 100-200 people waiting for a phone its not good to keep pushing things until you are caught up.

IMO!

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Sprint doesnt feel its thier job to push the sales of phones ... They are fixated with the NOW NETWORK and That's it ... Its all about the NETWORK to them ... Thats why you will see the ads and commercials boast the NETWORK and then some cameo at the end will show the latest phone ... Sprint feels that The ones selling the phones should advertise the the phone ... Best Buy, The Shack , HTC etc ... Phone sales is a by product of cutomers using the NOW NETWORK .:confused:

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I got my Evo at Sam's Club. I was very lucky and didn't even expect to get my phone there... he had it in stock after I tried BB, Sprint, Radioshack...

Anyway, I came back now and they're still out of stock.

charliegrs

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I dont think it has anything to do with stock problems. If anything, I think the more people that know its out of stock, the more hype it will generate. It must be awesome if its so hard to find! I dont remember the Pre being advertised very much {or very well...} and I dont remember it having any stock problems. I agree with Solo1, I think Sprint feels its up to the phones manafacturer to advertise it, which in my opinion is a silly way of doing things. I think the Iphone has shown that its the phones that sell the network, not the other way around. People dont care that the Iphone is on the worst network in the universe, they just want the phone. Sprint really should {and needs to} start advertising what they carry, it would make all the difference in the world in the smartphone wars. Right now, its the Iphone vs. everything else. The latest smartphones are so featured packed that on paper at least, no one phone really has any exponential advantage over the other. The Iphone isnt the sole owner of 5-8mp cameras, front facing cameras, faster than 3g capabilities,High res screens, etc but one thing it has going for it that the other phones/networks dont is heavy marketing and hype. Not to mention ATnT advertises the Iphone as much as Apple does. So unfortuneatly I think we are seeing yet again another glaringly obvious mistake by Sprint for not advertising the EVO. And its too bad, because its sad the amount of people who dont even know it exists.

TheBundo

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Why do so many people want Sprint to sell a zillion of these? All we need is a clogged up network like AT&T has. I try to limit who I show this phone to.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Sprint can't do a commercial.

Last summer the Sprint Pre commercials were the creepy vampire girl.

Two words: Duh uhm

This year it is the EVO with just a bunch of things falling over.

Sprint was cited for having the worst commercial last year and are on their way this year again.

Palm finally stated doing ads that showed what the Pre could do but it was too late.

Apple knows to show cool things that the phone can do. Verizon's Droid commercials do as well.

At least the EVO was not named "Pixi". It would have been worse to have your phone called a fairy.

charliegrs

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Why do so many people want Sprint to sell a zillion of these? All we need is a clogged up network like AT&T has. I try to limit who I show this phone to.

Thats a good point, however to me the importance of Sprint selling more phones and getting more popular has more to do with Sprints survival because I much prefer Sprint over the very expensive Verizon plans {also no free mobile to mobile outside of Verizon network, big selling point for me} And dont even get me started on ATnT. I realize Sprint is in no immediate danger of going out business but they have had problems in the past retaining customers and they face very stiff competition from the other big two cell phone companies. And Im pretty sure that any network that doesnt have the Iphone wont have to worry too much about the kind of problems ATnT has.

Edit: Also dont forget, more EVOs sold = more money to HTC which means more RnD for even better phones in the future, thus giving us even more alternatives to the Iphone. Competition breeds innovation.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I just saw the iPhone4's FaceTime commercial. So now the Evo is late on showing features on a commercial that really show off the phone.

charliegrs

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Well I just saw the iPhone4's FaceTime commercial. So now the Evo is late on showing features on a commercial that really show off the phone.

Yeah exactly, I cant tell you how many times someone has said to me "The new Iphone has video chat hurf durf!" And Im just like uh yeah my phone has that too.. Well no one knows because neither HTC or Sprint really advertises it as a showcase feature.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah exactly, I cant tell you how many times someone has said to me "The new Iphone has video chat hurf durf!" And Im just like uh yeah my phone has that too.. Well no one knows because neither HTC or Sprint really advertises it as a showcase feature.
Apple makes you want to buy their phone. It does too many cool things to resist.

The EVO can make things tip over. And looks just like every other HTC phone.

kashmir

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Sprint can't do a commercial.

Last summer the Sprint Pre commercials were the creepy vampire girl.

Palm finally stated doing ads that showed what the Pre could do but it was too late.

Apple knows to show cool things that the phone can do. Verizon's Droid commercials do as well.

At least the EVO was not named "Pixi". It would have been worse to have your phone called a fairy.

Actually, the creepy chick commercials everyone loved...excuse me, loathed were from Palm, not Sprint. Sprint actually put out pretty decent commercials for the Pre. As in the case of the EVO, not great commercials, but showcase commercials. Still, as others have stated, Sprint seems to want to focus advertising on its network rather than phones it carries. Shouldn't hurt to showcase both, but that's their marketing strategy.

Would love to see something along the lines of what Verizon did with the Droid. Flat out in your face, "This is all the things this device can do" style, but that's not Sprint's MO.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc