Shape Writer gone...anyone got it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ret2961#AC

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I LOVE Shape Writer keyboard, I can't get used to Swype but I really was down with SW. They took it off the market on 06/20 for "an indefinite period of time". Is there any other place or way to get it?

Thanks

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you ... I had it ... Did a hard reset on the phone and when I went to re-install my data and apps shape writer was just gone ... pissed me off ... I got it just before they took it out the Market ... I have been searching for it but coming up empty ... DAMMIT

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I have it here.. somewhere.

Edit: Well, I have it installed... don't know if I have the apk. Sorry.
Though I've just been using swype as of recently.

ret2961#AC

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I can't get the hang of Swype. I keeps popping up alternate words and "gets in the way", where Shape Writer was so much easier for me. Well, I'm not that bright, so that could be getting in the way...

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I can't get the hang of Swype. I keeps popping up alternate words and "gets in the way", where Shape Writer was so much easier for me. Well, I'm not that bright, so that could be getting in the way...

I didn't like Swype at first...
But check out the tips they have:
Swype | Text Input for Screens

Once you learn how to insert periods/apostrophes using swype, you can't go back. I still struggle a little but every time I go to another keyboard, I have to go back to swype.

I wish I had the shapewriter apk... I would upload it but I installed from the market.

PainKiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Just use Astro to do a backup of the apk and then email it to the op or upload it. I don't use it or I would.

~ Transmitted via Motorola Droid 2.1 ~

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Astro file manager won't let me back it up.
It says the app is private.

On my list, ShapeWriter, Tv.com, and Exzeus Arcade are all private.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
this is not allowed. they pulled the app from the market for a reason guys. i dont know what that reason is though. maybe they will release it under a new company or what. though, what you guys are doing is sharing warez. thats a big no no here. if you guys want the apk for shape write bad enough then im sure you will find a way to get it but it can not be shared on this forum. what you guys do to you phones is none of this forums business but if it is shared on this forum then it is. please do not post anymore threads on this. thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1