1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    255 Global Posts

Default how to listen to music through my bluetooth headset?

Can someone please explain how I can listen to music thru
    my jawbone bluetooth headset?

I'm sorry if this is a newbie question but I am new to android. If there is already a walkthough on here, can u link me to it? I'm on the road and don't have time to search like I normally would.

Thank you

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts

Not all headsets support bt music... The headset must have the a2dp profile... If your headset has a2dp, usually it will just work without any extra effort on your part...
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    255 Global Posts

Thanks R1

This jawbone is a couple years old so I've lost the manual. I guess I have to find it online.

Seems like I read something that some jawbone's didn't have it, but some can be updated through software on the jawbone website.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slthree View Post
    Can someone please explain how I can listen to music thru my jawbone bluetooth headset?
    You can check and see if this is an option

Settings > Wireless & Networks > Bluetooth Settings

Long press your bluetooth headset > Options

If your headset is compatible, in addition to Phone, there should be a check box for Media.

Bazz
    Last edited by Bazz; 06-28-2010 at 12:38 PM.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    255 Global Posts

Your responses have been very helpful. Bazz, Thanks for the walkthrough.

Unfortunately, my Jawbone doesn't do media.

Here is a fix if you do not have a BT that has the a2dp compatibility. If you have an android, go to the market and download the bluetooth switcher. The way this works is you connect you BT headset to the phone, then run the media programs you want (music, podcast, etc.), turn the volume up all the way on the media program, then go back to to the bluetooth switcher app and click the on button. You should now hear the media through your BT.

^ I've been trying to figure out how to do this for a while. App listed above is a paid app. I just found BTmono in the Market (Ad supported. Paid version is only $1). Downloading now. Will report back in a few and let you know if it works or not.

Edit- WORKS!
    Last edited by WTylerJeter; 05-22-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Default Re: how to listen to music through my bluetooth headset?

I would like to confirm some working specs for others:

I am using a
    • Plantronics Explorer 240
    • HTC Evo 3D

The app that worked for me is called "Bluetooth Switcher". There is a trial/demo version that will allow you to test the app before paying $2.99 for it. I tried a few other apps with no luck.

Here are the links:

I am new to Android with an Atrix4G. I was hearing notifications of emails and texts in addition to calls. I wanted to listen to music through my Bluetooth headset, so followed the advice of trying BT Switcher. I installed the trial version - as suggested by the author of the app - and it did not work. NOTHING would come through the bluetooth with it was activated. So I turned it off and uninstalled.

Now, I don't hear ANY notifications through the bluetooth. I can still talk and hear conversations through the bluetooth, but NO OTHER sounds, even ones I could before the trial.

Even WORSE, before the trial, even if the phone was inactive (dark screen but not off) I could press the button on the headset and access voice commands. Now that does not work. I have to reactivate the phone before it will react with voice commands.

I have though of a hard reset but hate to do that and lose everything, especially since I am not sure this will fix my problem.

Does anyone have any ideas, a little magic code, or something else to return the bluetooth function that BT Switcher screwed up?

HELP, and thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

You can use any simple phone, mono , bluetooth headset to listen to audio from your Android device. There is this tool that worked well on Windows Mobile , it is called BlueMusic and has been ported to Android OS recently. Music, podcasts and games, actually all sounds can be routed via a bluetooth connection even to a simple phone Headset . This software also supports A2DP, so can be used with stereo headsets as well. It's working close to a bluetooth headset manager, if you want. The software is available on android market, search for BlueMusic, and on developers website :

A feature that I like most is the ability to redirect the audio after a phone call. As you know, when your headset is connected and you get a phone call, you can take it on the headset, but this would stop your music playback. This software has this option, to redirect the audio over bluetooth after a phone call. I find it very useful, actually it gives me continuous Music support, exactly like it did on my old Windows Mobile phone.
    The only limiting factor I could think of, for this not working with your hardware, is your Android's Bluetooth stack, since there were so many complaints on Google's limited bluetooth API. Make sure you test the trial version first, or contact the developer for compatibility questions.

I'm frustrated...any help?

A few weeks ago I bought a plantronics bluetooth earpiece. I wanted to play media on it, but couldn't figure it out. Then one day it just started doing it. I think it was after I used the bluetooth for a phone call then hung up and the phone continued playing the podcast I had been listening to through the phone speaker only now through the bluetooth.

So, I decided I needed a spare so I bought the same make and model. Only now, I still can't figure this out. See the options below I have for each earpiece...how do I make the new one have the media option the old one has? Any help is greatly appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails how to listen to music through my bluetooth headset?-screenshot_2012-02-11-16-32-32.jpg   how to listen to music through my bluetooth headset?-screenshot_2012-02-11-16-32-52.jpg  

BTMono is working great just for me. My BT is a old one I got with the old Motorola Razr phone some 4 years ago. I am listening to music as I write this now.

Sent from my Swagged Out EVO 4G
    Thanked by:

None of those apps worked for me on ics.Fyi.

use Mono Bluetooth Router from google play
    Thanked by 2:

Thumbs up Re: how to listen to music through my bluetooth headset?

Hi,
    Chipset 07 is right Go to google play and install "Mono Bluetooth Router" application. its working. i'm using it now.cheers.

my mobail name micromax funbook p362 how to you connect for blutooth audio device connecting .
    blutooth headset name hiblue blutooth headset .
    blutooth version v2.0 v2.1

Works like a charm!

Mono bluetooth router is working great for me. I use Pandora to listen to my music.

Sent from my PC36100 using AC Forums mobile app

SoundAbout has settings to do this as well.

You can try to automate it with SoundAbout as well.

"Mono Bluetooth Router" works for my S4

Cool Re: how to listen to music through my bluetooth headset?

Thank you the mono bluetooth player works well.