Evo died after applying 6/28 OTA update for the second time.

imekul

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
My Evo appears to have died after applying the OTA update. Here's what happened.

I manually checked for the HTC update, saw it available, and told it to download. Once it was finished, I let it install.

It went through the installation process, eventually rebooted, and all seemed okay. I went ahead and updated my profile and PRL while I was at it.

I decided to check for HTC updates a second time, expecting it to say "No updates found," but it showed an update available. So, I let it download and install again.

This time around, after it automatically rebooted and got to the firmware-updating screen (green arrow in the center of the green), it eventually just turned off. Since then, I have been unable to turn it back on. I have pulled the battery, plugged it in to the computer, plugged in the charger. Nothing elicits any response. The charging LED doesn't even light up.

My Evo was not rooted, although I did have the Unrevoked "app" installed.

Any suggestions??

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
My Evo appears to have died after applying the OTA update. Here's what happened.

I manually checked for the HTC update, saw it available, and told it to download. Once it was finished, I let it install.

It went through the installation process, eventually rebooted, and all seemed okay. I went ahead and updated my profile and PRL while I was at it.

I decided to check for HTC updates a second time, expecting it to say "No updates found," but it showed an update available. So, I let it download and install again.

This time around, after it automatically rebooted and got to the firmware-updating screen (green arrow in the center of the green), it eventually just turned off. Since then, I have been unable to turn it back on. I have pulled the battery, plugged it in to the computer, plugged in the charger. Nothing elicits any response. The charging LED doesn't even light up.

My Evo was not rooted, although I did have the Unrevoked "app" installed.

Any suggestions??

had you run unrevoked since your last power cycle and then installed the update (first attempt) while it was "rooted"?

imekul

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
Nope, I haven't touched Unrevoked today.

I just tried swapping batteries with a Hero, just in case something happened to the Evo's battery. No luck there, either.

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me but was able to get through..

- Pull the battery for a few minutes and do not charge
- If no power on, repeat above a few times until getting power. If no power, fracked.
- After boot, it may stick on the Sprint 4G splash screen. I thought it was hosed here but let it through, may take many minutes.

imekul

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
I'd be real surprised if the Evos can be completely dead, but I don't know what else to do to revive mine. There is absolutely no response when plugged in to the wall or a computer.

Shenaniguns

May 17, 2010
www.thegunvault.org
This happened to me but was able to get through..

- Pull the battery for a few minutes and do not charge
- If no power on, repeat above a few times until getting power. If no power, fracked.
- After boot, it may stick on the Sprint 4G splash screen. I thought it was hosed here but let it through, may take many minutes.

Tried it multiple times and still nothing :(

LikeAChampion3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am having similar issues, mine is stuck on the updating screen. I plugged it into my laptop and now it is doing something different. Every 60 seconds or so, the screen goes black and then pops the updating image back up again. The laptop recognizes the phone has disconnected, and reconnected, but nothing else. I cannot access the phone from the laptop.

This is telling me that the phone must be caught in a loop mid-upgrade....I think.

I have already tried removing the battery for upwards of 15 minutes at a time.

R

reloy

Took mine to Sprint & they couldn't get it back on eiter.. :rolleyes:
Guess I'm inline again for an Evo!!

back to the Piece of Pre in the meantime.

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i was not rooted and it broke my widgets what can we do??????????

Remove them from the screen and re-add them. This is pretty common I think.

Sucks that the update process is screwing people up, mine was done in under 10 minutes and I was back rocking and rolling along.

drewsg

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine was stuck on the black screen for awhile, I wonder if people are messing with phone while it is still updating causing them to brick the phone itself

lucasjohnson

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I downloaded the update and then when it was finished i went to install but I'm stuck on the updating screen with the green arrows.
I'm also at work and so I can't plug it up to the computer and try to mess with it.

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Remove them from the screen and re-add them. This is pretty common I think.

Sucks that the update process is screwing people up, mine was done in under 10 minutes and I was back rocking and rolling along.

Same for me. And for ****s and gigs I checked mine to see if it was offering the update again and it said I was up to date so thats really weird that it is happening for some and not all.

vtective

May 17, 2010
Visit site