EVO 4G new update Fixes some Problems and creates New Ones!!

Brett636

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I just did the OVA update and to my dismay the android wallpapers that came preloaded on the phone are gone. Has anyone come up with a means to get them back? Besides the live wallpapers they were the best ones IMHO as far as the stock wallpapers went. Surely its not that difficult to retrieve them since they come with android anyway. Lets put our heads together and get these wallpapers back!

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, just installed the update and it looks like the grounding issue, wifi problems are gone. But the update created some new problems. Very slow bootups. There are a lot of missing widget icons that you have to reload. The only problem is that even if you load preloaded scenes, some widget don't load, they say problem loading gadget. Once you figure out what the gadget is, and reload it, it seems to work for all scenes. I am sure there are more problems and also other fixes I haven't seen yet. Please chime in if you have seen fixes and/or problems. The slow boot is really bugging me and the missing widgets is a pain.

tprevett

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed.. before the update, that once and a while, when I restart my phone, it takes an extremely long time to boot back, while other times it zips right through the startup procedure. Perhaps there is something else going on in the background depending on when or how you startup?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
As for widgets disappearing after a update that is normal just drag to garbage then reload. them simply as pie. The first boot up or two are slow. don't see any problems

Brett636

May 3, 2010
Visit site
hrm, I only have the htc and live wallpapers. My android wallpaper option is completely missing. And here I was thinking this update would only fix current issues, not create new ones. :(

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Why would you need to continually boot up? I never do.

Yeah I agree why? I charge my phone at night while I sleep and I leave it on... But I do sleep longer than an hour.. But heck if you sleep just 3 hours that is typically plenty of time to charge the phone from 10% to 100%.... I do shut my phone off about once a month.... a reboot is usually not a bad idea every now and again but every night?

Status bar issue seems to be resolved on my end... All my widgets loaded up just fine after update. I never had WiFi issues... See some people reporting better 4G reception but I don't live in a 4G area so no clue... Battery life? I don't know.... Will have to check that out tomorrow I guess after a full charge... by the time I did the update the phone had been off the charger 3 hours and the download/install process probably eats up some battery life.... Never was much of an issue to start with.....

All in all my phone is pretty much the same as it was before the update...

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I am also missing the android walpaper option. I don't really use any of them but I wanted to chime in and add my name to the problem list.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I still have mine after update, I have the stock and live wallpaper. Did not loose anything.

you are missing the "android wallpapers" option that used to be the first option. now you only have "live wallpapers" "htc wallpapers" and "gallery" go check.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
It's seems whenever I shut my phone off then back on it runs a little better. That's my experience with my evo. I have a system task killer but after a reboot it seems to run better. Also if my phone is on while charging, the battery drains faster. If I shut it off and charge, my battery life seems to last longer.

AndroidCentralSean

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Update removed stock android home screen

Can anyone else confirm: The update removes the stock android home screen.

Probably goes along with the removed stock android wallpapers.

Sad. But I've been using LauncherPro now anyways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21