Official 6/28 Update Thread - Discuss Here

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
OTA Update is back

Just checked and it is available if you go into settings>update phone>HTC updates... Since I tryed to do this all morning before i went to sleep I know it was not out earlier. For all those who missed the update it is getting repushed now.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have downloaded it, and am installing it now. Four minutes into the reinstall and it isn't done yet. Wish me luck, and no bricked phone!

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I've installed the update successfully. Widgets seem to work okay, my bookmarks and agenda are still intact. Shoot Me does NOT work on my unrooted phone now, I get a message saying I need root access.

Internet access over wifi _MIGHT_ be a teeny bit faster now, but that's so subjective I wouldn't hang my hat on it. In general my phone works fine, but it also was working fine before.

Once you've downloaded the update, it takes almost ten minutes (measured by watching my desktop computer) to actually upgrade. About three minutes of that late in the process are staring at the "4G" screen with nothing to track progress, and that was a bit unnerving.

Anyway, I'm now running software number 1.47.651.1!

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
successful update to this, i didn't update yesterday. I was running a froyo rum and RUU'd then did the update.

Don't freak with it says 4G, just breathe.

mosley04

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
My wifi stopped working for some reason after the update. Everything else works though. The signal does look stronger but no pages load up. I rebooted the phone and still nothing. I did a battery pull this morning but I haven't had access to wifi to try again. Anyone else have this problem?

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My Battery life has been greatly increased!!!

I can say that running today on a full charge I appear to be getting a little better battery life... It does not seem to be dramatically more but better.. Took my phone off the charger at 8 this morning.. it's 4:30 in the afternoon and I am still at 68% remaining. With Moderate to heavy use.... I have taken at least 20 pictures and 5 or 6 videos... Uploaded most of the pictures to Facebook and sent a handful via e-mail. 30 minutes of talk and about 20 text messages... Seems to be pretty good.... I would say maybe 10% better battery life after one day.... 15% tops....

bnewt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just installed the "It's Ba-ack" version:

Good and Evo (.net) has a screen shot of the first update as 1.47.651.1 (21.43MB)

Just now, what I installed is:
1.47.651.1 (30.15 MB)

(same version number but note the size difference)

4:08p - Clicked [Install now]
rebooted instantly
What I assume is the "update screen" appeared with a slow status bar loading across the bottom
4:11 - screen went dark
came back up to the "update screen" but this time with no status bar
4:13 - it rebooted
the "update screen" with a status bar that just had the scrolling grey lines (this was on about 10 seconds)
4:13 - it rebooted
real reboot this time - 4G emblem (on for 4 minutes)
4:17 - ready to drag down and start using

LOTS of widgets displayed "Problem Loading Gadget" (glad I took Shoot-Me screen captures beforehand):

Digital Clock (1x1)
WeatherBug
Battery Widget
Moon Phase
Calendar Pad - Today (1x1)
Voicemail
SwitchPro Widget
WiFi Manager (2x1)
Calendar Pad - Week Widget (4x4)

So I started replacing - started with Weatherbug

When I tried to remove it, the screen locked up for about 20 seconds and then I got
"Sorry! Activity HTC Sense (in application HTC Sense) is not resonding" with options [Force close] and [Wait]

I chose [Wait] as the screen behind it appeared to already be back.

Everything fine after that.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I will still wait awhile. I want to make sure the new version of UnRevoked works with it.
I like my tethering too much. i:Di

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have downloaded it, and am installing it now. Four minutes into the reinstall and it isn't done yet. Wish me luck, and no bricked phone!

4 minutes? hahahah! You must've never had a blackberry. A blackberry update can take like 6 hours to do. I would get home, set up the blackberry desktop manager, go watch some tv or a movie, have dinner, check the update, goto bed, get up in the middle of the night for a potty and still see the update working. hehehe!

atexuser

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
my phone's has not been rooted
update went fine-- took about 15 minutes, and made me nervous with all it's reboots, but eventually got back to the home screen, thankfully

afterward:
- android wallpapers gone
- stock android launcher gone (can switch between HTC Sense and other launchers fine)
- wifi reception unchanged @ home & @ work
- haven't noticed a difference yet in batter life
- power widget (and others) had to be removed and re-added
- grounding issue fixed

One issue I've noticed that I haven't seen others mention: I live Austin, TX, where there is supposedly pretty decent 4G reception. Driving ~15 miles between home and work and around the city, I've gotten somewhat decent 4G reception. After the update, I've noticed that yesterday and today the phone has a much harder time finding 4G on it's own. What I mean by that is: I usually leave the 4G widget on all the time. When I'm not in range of wifi, the phone searches for a 4G signal (while in 3G), and can eventually find a signal (however weak) after several minutes. And when it loses 4G signal, it was able to find and switch back to 4G when a signal came into range again (I'm mainly talking about while driving.) After the update, I've driven to/from home/work, and the phone can't find 4G anywhere. I manually turn the 4G widget off and on, and it may find a signal for a minute or so, then almost immediately switches back to 3G.
I'm not impressed with Sprint's 4G network, and I'm even less impressed after this "update".
I love the phone, but b/c of Sprint's lousy network (in a city that supposedly has good 4G coverage), I'm going to return the phone within the 30 day money back guarantee window, and get a Droid X.

bobh35

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I Just got my phone sunday and was told that there was going to be an update on Monday. I did the update and the phone still works but I have nothing to compare it to as far as improvements

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Eco update available again!

Just picked up my phone on the way out the office and the update popped up again.

I'm gonna give it a shot since I said cancel during the initial release.

I'll post again later!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar