Wifi connects to my network but pages wont load....help
I have a linksys WRT54GS router on my cable high speed network. I also have the linksys Voip phone box. My modem connects to my Voip first then out of it to my router. I have a desktop and a TV wired and use a laptop wireless. My EVO sees and connects fine to my network but NO pages will load. As soon as I turn off the Wifi, the browser pages load fine. I've tried 3 different browsers and the results are the same. I had my daughter try connecting today with her EVO and she gets the same results. She sees my networks, puts in the password and connects, then has no luck loading pages. I can see both phones from the local network clients page of the router so I know they're talking to each other, so why wont my browser pages load. I need any and all the help I can get.
Would putting my Voip box after the router make a difference maybe?? Or do I need a new router.... I'm at my witts end trying to get it to work....
- 06-28-2010, 10:29 PM #2
- 06-28-2010, 10:37 PM #3
Well, a little bit of troubleshooting wouldn't hurt here.
1) Have you accessed any other WLAN with your phone?
2) Can you connect to your home network from the phone? i.e. if you use something like ES File Explorer, do you see computers on your LAN?
3) Browser pages rely on DNS. Maybe download a utility to see if you're getting the right DNS settings on your phone.
4) Do you have security implemented on your router? Such as, MAC address exception? WEP, WPA, etc. Are you sure that's setup correctly? MAC address exception would mean you have to configure that on the router via the web interface.
- 06-28-2010, 11:19 PM #4
- 06-28-2010, 11:22 PM #5
See if this works:
1. Menu--> Settings --> Wireless & Networks
2. Go to Wifi settings
3. Find your current network... tap and hold-->Forget Network
4. Add wifi network --> fill out the information and SCROLL DOWN... If you forget to scroll down, you won't insert your password.
5. Click save (after entering password and everything)...
I had the above problem... I didn't scroll down when inserting the wifi network information.
My router has WPA personal security on it. I've never had to use any MAC address exceptions, not that I'd know how....lol
I can see my phone via my routers we interface so I know its connected, just not loading pages.
- 06-29-2010, 10:51 AM #10
- 6 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I had an identical problem and this worked for me (copied from another thread):"my brother had this happen to his Hero, i fixed it for him by going Menu>Settings>acounts&Sync and pressing sync all, it refreshed everything and syncd everything that wasn't before and then the internet started working as well"