The only thing I miss from Web OS

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Well now that I am looking at my bricked EVO I realized that I do miss one thing from Webos and that's the Webos DR. I could could just reinstall and be up and running again.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
He probably updated twice...
And yeah, WebOS Doctor was a lifesaver.

I realized WebOS was so polished in some areas.
WebOS doctor was so easy too.

Have you tried the RUU? It's an .exe file that runs on your computer while you have your phone hooked up.
Un-Root from full nand root? - xda-developers

3rd post. It's a long download, but it might save your bricked Evo. It's the RUU for before the update... so you'll be back where you were before the update.
However, all your data will be lost. Sorry...
Unless you have Titanium Backup and have backed everything up.

Edit: And post results. We can then direct other bricked Evo users if they downloaded the second update.

ElCartelDR

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yea I love how it seems impossible to brick your pre. Don't know how may times the doctor saved my ass, I miss preware also lol.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
How do you update twice?

I remember from a friends pre that they have an update app, but if you open it after you have already updated it just says not updates available.

The HTC update was a bit buggy... so I think it asked many users to update twice. The second one bricks your Evo, me thinks.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
He probably updated twice...
And yeah, WebOS Doctor was a lifesaver.

I realized WebOS was so polished in some areas.
WebOS doctor was so easy too.

Have you tried the RUU? It's an .exe file that runs on your computer while you have your phone hooked up.
Un-Root from full nand root? - xda-developers

3rd post. It's a long download, but it might save your bricked Evo. It's the RUU for before the update... so you'll be back where you were before the update.
However, all your data will be lost. Sorry...
Unless you have Titanium Backup and have backed everything up.

Edit: And post results. We can then direct other bricked Evo users if they downloaded the second update.

Is this a Root?

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Is this a Root?

No. Technically it's the way people unroot their phone.
However, I'm guessing in your case... you just want to revert back to a previous update.

I used this, but I was rooted.
So I used it, and it sent me back to factory settings with the .6 update (the one released during launch day). It will WIPE YOUR DATA, but I think that's the last of your worries.

If you're getting a replacement tomorrow, don't worry about it.
However, if you're willing to give this a go, you really don't have much to lose. :)

It's called an RUU (don't know what it stands for)... I just know it's an .exe file you run on your computer and it does its job. It might or might not work on your phone... I'm thinking it won't unless your computer recognizes that your phone is connected (you need to connect it when you execute the RUU).

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I am in the process of down loading, I don't think it will work because my PC will not even recognize it.

Last edited:

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I am in the process of down loading, I don't think it will work because my PC will not even recognize it.

Uhh, that's weird. It's an .exe (executible) file. It should be recognized.
The only real problem is if it doesn't recognize if the phone is connected to your computer. Then the RUU can't do its job.