Battery drains on HTC Evo while plugged in

robsinger24

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Starting recently, my Sprint HTC Evo (1st Generation) began draining its battery either while plugged in or while shut down. Examples:

1. I turned the phone off with a full charge when I boarded a plane and when I turned it back on about 2 hours later, it had 15% charge.

2. Last night I plugged the phone into the charger and it said "70% charged". When I woke up and checked the phone (while plugged in), it said "Charged" and the battery icon was fully green. As soon as I unplugged it, it went yellow and about 10 seconds later said "Battery at 15%. Charge battery" (or something like that).

Both of these issues have become chronic. I need to either do a restart or pull the battery and hard boot for it to actually hold a charge. I have read other strings and some notes:

1. I have tried multiple chargers, multiple outlets, and even just using USB to my computer
2. Once I reboot the phone, I can use the exact same charger and get the phone to charge and hold its charge. So it is not a dead battery nor a bad charger issue.

Any help is appreciated.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Sounds pretty bad. Have you tried CPU Spy to see if anything has your CPU pegged to the maxx? I would give that a whirl. You stated that you did a battery pull and after that your were golden, right? Maybe a bad app? Try the CPU spy and see what you find. Also dowloand Gsam Battery monitor from the market and check that out.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Your USB charging port could be bad. If you used multiple chargers and batteries, it sounds like it's loose/broken. This is a common issue on the OG EVO