Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Talking Over 2GB of data used!!

    Had this phone since the 7th and over 2GB of data have been used. I'd say I used this phone moderately for browsing websites and fb'ing. It's sooo nice to see Sprint to continue the unlimited data. Forget the 2GB capped data plan ($25) from at&t!!!!
  2. #2  
    MannyZ28's Avatar

    Posts
    2,689 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    I got you beat. Had mine since the 4th and I am at 4.3 GB right now.

    I need to add that my phone had a bit of a flaky moment where it was constantly receiving and sending data. I had to do a hard reset because it was freaking me out.
  3. #3  
    Beezzy's Avatar

    Posts
    639 Posts
    Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

    Default

    I've had mine since the 12th and used 2.6GB of data.
  4. #4  

    Default

    I have had my evo since the 4th and just topped 8GB. I love my data and with the $10 fee, I will use it at my will.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    mannyz - i woulda preorder the phone since the first day it was available. but i'm doing a favor for my buddy who works with acn. ;] however, only 2.6gb used. it took me awhile to get all the tweaks going before today's update. cheers!

    epp - 8GB! wow!! lets hope Sprint keep it that way. ;]
  6. #6  

    Default

    How do you guys use so much data? I want to use that much!
    Streaming music?


    Though I guess I've been using WIFI a lot... since it's summer and I'm home.
  7. #7  

    Default

    I definitely don't see it as a contest to abuse data, but that's why I got the Evo. I used tons of data on my iPhone from downloading various files, streaming music/video, light tethering (no torrents ever), etc. After a while it adds up, but I am constantly using my phone for data. When I saw the tiered data plans for ATT I was amazed. Those are horrid deals for data, period. Save only $5 and you get 2GB compared to unlimited for $30? What was the point? 2GB of data should costs you maybe $10-15 tops. I hate this crap carriers are doing with their data plans (well just ATT now, but soon there will be followers).
  8. #8  

    Default

    I used 10gb from 6/04 to 6/20, and since 6/20 I've used 8gb.

    I use PDAnet to tether for 10 hrs a day 4 days a week at work, that's probably what does it.
  9. #9  

    Default

    Hmm, mine says I've used 3,276 KB since June 5th.

    I know that's not right...
  10. #10  

    Default

    Where on the phone do you find your data usage?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  11. #11  
    dougeetx's Avatar
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

    Posts
    380 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Where on the phone do you find your data usage?
    I think they're looking at their sprint account.
    Cellphone pimpin' ain't easy!
  12. #12  

    Default

    2.5gb data. I usually text a bit too, but I was suprised to see just under 2,000 texts.. geez
  13. #13  

    Default

    Speaking of data.....while using 3G, there's a cap at 5GB on the Everything Data, Any Mobile, Anytime plan???? I thought having this plan would garner unlimited data????
  14. #14  
    Insp_Gadget's Avatar
    Inspector Gadget

    Posts
    582 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,062 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Lollipop" 5.0 Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raf View Post
    Speaking of data.....while using 3G, there's a cap at 5GB on the Everything Data, Any Mobile, Anytime plan???? I thought having this plan would garner unlimited data????
    That 5GB cap only applies when using a Sprint aircard, not a smartphone.
  15. #15  

    Default

    Yes!!!!!
  16. #16  

    Default

    I used over a gig last month. This month started off slow....I'm only at half a gig already. *smiles*
  17. #17  
    VKitty's Avatar

    Posts
    225 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CEaton View Post
    I used 10gb from 6/04 to 6/20, and since 6/20 I've used 8gb.

    I use PDAnet to tether for 10 hrs a day 4 days a week at work, that's probably what does it.

    How do you tether and not lose battery power to the point of the phone shutting off??
  18. #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VKitty View Post
    How do you tether and not lose battery power to the point of the phone shutting off??
    Keeping it plugged in to charge while tethering.
  19. #19  
    mrdpr's Avatar

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

    Default

    i use 5gb on my pre always and i have my evo since 6-4-10 and now 5.5 gb.
  20. #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CEaton View Post
    I used 10gb from 6/04 to 6/20, and since 6/20 I've used 8gb.

    I use PDAnet to tether for 10 hrs a day 4 days a week at work, that's probably what does it.
    Thread post of I got with a massive bill because I tethered without a tethering plan and didn't use common sense in 3-2-1.........

    Dude, you can tether without a tethering provision and Sprint doesn't care, but you have to use common sense. 20GB's a month is going to get their attention.
  21. #21  
    TWC_SouthPhilly's Avatar

    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    975 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9...on both devices

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    Thread post of I got with a massive bill because I tethered without a tethering plan and didn't use common sense in 3-2-1.........

    Dude, you can tether without a tethering provision and Sprint doesn't care, but you have to use common sense. 20GB's a month is going to get their attention.
    So true, so true.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Over 2GB of data used!!

    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    Thread post of I got with a massive bill because I tethered without a tethering plan and didn't use common sense in 3-2-1.........

    Dude, you can tether without a tethering provision and Sprint doesn't care, but you have to use common sense. 20GB's a month is going to get their attention.
    Exactly...that's the type that all carriers are looking to rid themselves of. Abusing the system will cost us all. If people want to tether that much you need to fork over the $30 extra.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  23. #23  
    crzycrkr's Avatar

    Posts
    1,516 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    Thread post of I got with a massive bill because I tethered without a tethering plan and didn't use common sense in 3-2-1.........

    Dude, you can tether without a tethering provision and Sprint doesn't care, but you have to use common sense. 20GB's a month is going to get their attention.
    I disagree. I've been doing this for over a year without any problems.
  24. #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    Thread post of I got with a massive bill because I tethered without a tethering plan and didn't use common sense in 3-2-1.........

    Dude, you can tether without a tethering provision and Sprint doesn't care, but you have to use common sense. 20GB's a month is going to get their attention.
    See that worries me, I've used 12GBs according to Sprint's website and I haven't tethered one bit! I still have an aircard I use for things like that. So... hopefully I don't get in trouble for something I didn't do... It's what that 10/month data add-on is for anyways right?
  25. #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    See that worries me, I've used 12GBs according to Sprint's website and I haven't tethered one bit! I still have an aircard I use for things like that. So... hopefully I don't get in trouble for something I didn't do... It's what that 10/month data add-on is for anyways right?
    Then you are fine. Your use is high but you are within the TOS. Data use is unlimited when used by your phone and not tethering.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions