6/28 Update Has Been Pulled

bucc0303

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine went through I still am waiting to do some tests on the battery performance increase that was supposed to be included

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Sprint was probably really quick about accepting the update.
The users usually find that great, but once updates have problems, then that quick update backfires.

Sprint Pres always got the update first... then Verizon Pres. But Palm didn't let out too many buggy updates (well...).
Good thing they pulled it for now.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I am very glad my update worked perfectly on my Evo and feel very sorry for those for whom it did not :( I bet a huge portion of the phones were updated before they pulled it.

Android/HTC/Whomever need to take a clue from WebOS and make a phone restore program. It is impossible to "brick" a Palm Pre/Pixi, because if something went horribly wrong (which is never did for me in the year I used it, although I have heard of it happening) you can just download WebOS doctor (for ANY OS) press a button on the phone while turning it on, and blindly/automatically re-image it with a known, working ROM.

It is unreal that you can't do such a basic thing with an Android phone (or perhaps just the HTC?) and end up having to take it in for service or exchange it for another. (Of course, also this whole "rooting" thing is unnecessary on WebOS... I do miss some things about my Pre).

stlfrosti

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for my ignorance, but what update???

What EVO update is everyone talking about?

I just checked the update section on my phone and it says I don't have any....

Is there another place I am suppose to be going to get this?

or do I already have the current version?... where do I check that?

stlfrosti

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
OMG no kidding... wow.

I'm glad I was too busy yesterday to jump on that one ...

BTW, what is by far the best 'BACKUP APP', paid or not, I don't care, just want the BEST and most reliable one...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa