fuzzy snowy pictures on grid view

staciedaisy

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I searched, and was not able to find another thread, so i apologize if this is a repost!

This only happens in grid views, filmstrip view is perfect! Just curious if anyone knows why!

my first picture lead me to think maybe it was just my album samples, so i deleted them....still didn't fix my issue!

before album sample delete
IMAGE_001.jpg

After

IMAGE_003.jpg

IMAGE_002.jpg

IMAGE_004.jpg

as you can see, sometimes it also duplicates a picture on the preview, but when you open the duplicates it is actually another picture.

When you open one of the fuzzy snowy pictures they are fine, no issues at all. Seems to be only in the preview for grid view! Also sometimes, a snowy picture will show up in a category as a preview in the grid view that it doesn't belong in, but when you click it, it opens the correct picture!

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The thumbnails are corrupted. Just delete all the thumbnails and it will recreate them. You can use a file explorer app on the phone or plug into a computer to get to them.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem and found out that it happens if I connect the phone to a PC and look at thumbnails on the computer from the SD card. I just moved the pictures off the card to the computer and then back again. Make sure you don't have thumbnail view turned on in the PC though. It appears that the PC thumbnail files are not compatible with the Android system.

staciedaisy

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
The thumbnails are corrupted. Just delete all the thumbnails and it will recreate them. You can use a file explorer app on the phone or plug into a computer to get to them.

Under DCIM/.thumbnails

there are 3 diff kinds of files, should i delete them all?
Raw, JPG, and just File

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Under DCIM/.thumbnails

there are 3 diff kinds of files, should i delete them all?
Raw, JPG, and just File

Just delete all the files in that folder. When you open the gallery again after, it will rebuild them all. It will take a few seconds but it's fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38