Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question fuzzy snowy pictures on grid view

I searched, and was not able to find another thread, so i apologize if this is a repost!

This only happens in grid views, filmstrip view is perfect! Just curious if anyone knows why!

my first picture lead me to think maybe it was just my album samples, so i deleted them....still didn't fix my issue!

before album sample delete

After

as you can see, sometimes it also duplicates a picture on the preview, but when you open the duplicates it is actually another picture.

When you open one of the fuzzy snowy pictures they are fine, no issues at all. Seems to be only in the preview for grid view! Also sometimes, a snowy picture will show up in a category as a preview in the grid view that it doesn't belong in, but when you click it, it opens the correct picture!
    Thanked by:

The thumbnails are corrupted. Just delete all the thumbnails and it will recreate them. You can use a file explorer app on the phone or plug into a computer to get to them.
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I had this problem and found out that it happens if I connect the phone to a PC and look at thumbnails on the computer from the SD card. I just moved the pictures off the card to the computer and then back again. Make sure you don't have thumbnail view turned on in the PC though. It appears that the PC thumbnail files are not compatible with the Android system.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    The thumbnails are corrupted. Just delete all the thumbnails and it will recreate them. You can use a file explorer app on the phone or plug into a computer to get to them.

Under DCIM/.thumbnails

there are 3 diff kinds of files, should i delete them all?
    Raw, JPG, and just File

Quote Originally Posted by staciedaisy View Post
    Under DCIM/.thumbnails

there are 3 diff kinds of files, should i delete them all?
    Raw, JPG, and just File
    Just delete all the files in that folder. When you open the gallery again after, it will rebuild them all. It will take a few seconds but it's fine.
    Thanked by 2:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

yay thanks soo much!! i hope this helps someone else!

AWESOME!!! thanks for the help only complaint I've had so far and now is no longer a complaint.