Any word when they're re-pushing the 'updated' update?

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I totally missed the fact that there was an update yesterday! :confused:

Anyway, now that some people have it, and are reporting better battery/wifi/wifi-N, etc I'm hoping and wondering when the new updated latest greatest awesomeness is going to be released.

:cool:

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
In the statement made by Sprint yesterday:

"While the vast majority of consumers successfully downloaded and installed the most recent HTC EVO 4G software update, we have received a handful of reports from customers having some issues with the update. In light of this, HTC and Sprint have decided to temporarily halt distribution of this software release until we can investigate further. We expect to be able to resume software updates shortly."

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Usually for something like that they get to the bottom of it pretty quickly (within a day or two).

Especially since some people have already updated. You don't want customers going with different versions of software on the same hardware for very long.

pbtxit

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Just received notification that update 1.467.651.1 is available, It is a new phone just activated ten minutes ago. I am afraid to do this, is this the bad update?

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Just received notification that update 1.467.651.1 is available, It is a new phone just activated ten minutes ago. I am afraid to do this, is this the bad update?

although some people did have errors with the update on the stock rom i am one of the ones that had no problems, if it matters i am a hardware 003 build evo

smr260

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I just did the update, took about 10 minutes over 3G, looks like everything is ok except the widgets need to be reinstalled.

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
My phone is not new but I just got a notice saying that the OTA update was available. I chose to wait until the dust settles since I'm not having any problems other that limited battery life which I can accept for now. And, I most certainly don't want to break Unrevoked, lose root (which I hear the update will do) and thus lose WiFi tether (my #1 most priority for the phone, other than it working as a phone of course.)

bpdamas

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I just got a notification for the new update. Hardware 003 if that matters. I am not downloading it since my phone is rooted. It appears they are starting to push out the update again though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair