Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Major battery improvement because of update?

Could it be just coincidence?
    I'm 7 hours 12 minutes in and at 80% according to the battery indicator provided with the phone (no battery widget).

Granted I didn't do much today, but usually around this time with light usage I am around 50-60%.
    It could be the wifi reception. I usually turn on wifi reception at my university when taking summer classes. However, I used to get poor signal.

Now it's at "good" signal...

I have seen a good improvement on my battery. I am on 22 hours with 44% left to go.

Wonder if the update to Facebook was the issue with the consumption of all the battery life being taken.... Just wondering.

I think so, I'm at 70% now coming off the charger at 8:45am this morning with normal usage FOR ME. I should have been at
    70% 2 hrs ago. I don't kno if its jus my mind or if there is some improvement.

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts

The update gave me a huge increase in battery.

I noticed this last night but after waking up and starting from a fresh charge I am now sure that the battery life has improved drastically.

6 hours off the charger and I am still at 80% when I would usually be around 50-60% by now.

My battery lost about 10% in hour. After that, it's been in the high 80% for the past seven hours.

Im at 15hours with 30% left. Much better.

Just broke the 25 hour mark
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Nice!
    Now I just wish reviewers would update their Evo review to fit the updates.

This is anecdotal at best, but my battery level has only dropped about 5% in the 6 hours I've been at work according to JuicePlotter. I don't use my personal phone for work so it just sits there aside from my checking the occasional text, personal email or call. The battery drain while browsing the web and reading NewsRoom articles during my ~45 minute morning train commute appears to be the same.

I don't know if the better standby battery life is due to the update or something else, but I'm certainly not complaining...being at around 80% 8 hours after I unplugged from the charger with my regular usage habits is awesome.

My battery life has a HUGE improvement. I'm almost at 24 hours right now, and still have 8% left. Normally I would have to recharge after about 8 hours or so, so we're talking about a 300% + improvement. Plus right now I have my music playing in the background, screen @ 100%, gps & bluetooth on-- just to drain my battery so I can recharge it... And it still refuses to die!

30 hours of uptime and I'm at 27% currently. Haven't made any phone calls yet, though. And that's using WiFi the entire time, no 3G.

Standby time is awesome so far.

It seems I am getting better battery life.... I am running on 9 hours at the phone is at 55% remaining.... Nothing turned off except the 4G antenna, mail and gmail sync every hour during the day (7am - 9pm then to 4 hour sync) Facebook is set to every hour and weather is set to every 2 hours. I don't use Twitter or Flickr or any other "Social Media" a little text messaging (20 - 30) a little web surfing (about an hours worth) 20 - 30 pictures and uploaded about 10 to Facebook and E-Mailed about 5 of them. Sent 4 other e-mails with out attachments and received about 20 e-mails over the course of the day.

I was typically getting 12 - 16 hours depending on how heavy or light I was on it.. Can't really recall a day like today getting to 6pm with over 50% remaining..... Looks like I could push 20 hours out of the charge today which would be a decent improvement...

the battery life is way better now. i am still having the problem of it loosing 7-8% within five minutes of taking it off the charger though, after that the battery is great now.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
    the battery life is way better now. i am still having the problem of it loosing 7-8% within five minutes of taking it off the charger though, after that the battery is great now.
    That seems to be another problem... the trickle down effect after charging.

But just measure the battery after that I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    That seems to be another problem... the trickle down effect after charging.

But just measure the battery after that I guess.
    ya thats what i was looking at. Is this problem with everyone? is there any fixes?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
    ya thats what i was looking at. Is this problem with everyone? is there any fixes?
    Yeah many people get it. It happened with my Palm Pre too.
    Some people claimed they fixed it with universal chargers that they bought off EBAY.

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM7/ Bonsai

I had the same issue...pulled of the charger at 8 AM, and was at 92% after charging all night.. But, at 6:37 PM with casual use on the phone I'm still at 70% which is amazing! When I had the Palm Pre I ALWAYS had to recharge it around 3-4PM to get me through the rest of the evening.

Im going to say that it didnt make the battery bettter, but it just is reporting the battery more accurately. I would sit at 10% battery left for easily fouir or five hours.

No changes here. Still kinda crappyish battery life. Eah, Gonna check it out over the next few days. Maybe it's just me!

I must be the only one who got no improvement to my battery lol

My battery life is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better after the update.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

I picked today to quit using my task killer to see what would happen with all those damn apps that start on boot... 12 1/2 hours later I just hit the yellow with 1 hour 35 min. of talk time and a lot of other crap. I would only use app killer manually and all those damn apps keep starting so I gave up and I think it helped my battery. Wifi and gps on all day, I think the update helped.

Way better battery life when idling - only about 2% drain per hour with light use. I've only checked a few emails and message boards and seeing much better battery life. However, I have been using Wi-fi all day instead of 3G now that the Wi-fi works at my work (pre-patch the signal wasn't reliable enough).

I am unplugged for nearly 14 hrs now and have 40% remaining with moderate use. Also used live wallpaper all day. Last time I ran live wallpaper with moderate use I was nearly dead in under 8 hrs. Needless to say I am ecstatic. One odd problem. I read in the update thread that someone lost use of camera after update so I turned on my camera to see if it works but did not even take a picture. Simply turned camera on and returned to home. In my battery life it shows that camera is responsible for 90% of battery usage today. Emailed, texted, tweeted, and interneted all day, but took no pics. ???

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Oh Yeah! Major improvement to battery! I can go all day now - and I never used the facebook app or whatever they targeted for improvement. YoooHaaa!
    I was really starting to get discouraged about the power life, but now I'm super gland I made the switch.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast