Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

Default Gotta Question for the Kickstand Clan concerning...ummm..the kickstand

I want to use my kickstand more to watch movies. I'm really reluctant b/c I don't want to break the kickstand. Has anyone had any kickstand issues yet? I'm not trying ot put bad mouth on it or anything but just wondering.
    Cellphone pimpin' ain't easy!

The kickstand is bad ***. I've used it to ward off would-be rapists and thieves.

just use the kickstand.

no no the kickstand is solid, don't be afraid to use your phone as it was intended

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

It's awesome. I use it way more than I thought I ever would. It's sturdy as hell too.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Kickstand rules!

it has a very small wiggle, but only people who are looking for problems with their million dollar device would ever complain about. It's quite solid and I don't see it breaking out of normal use. The phone is a little top heavy which may make the phone tip over since the kickstand is more on one side of the phone as opposed with being in the middle back. That's only the real sane issue I would see people having.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

I'm wondering if it's the bodyglove on mine that's really making it less stable when I put it on the kickstand.

Quote Originally Posted by dougeetx View Post
    I want to use my kickstand more to watch movies. I'm really reluctant b/c I don't want to break the kickstand. Has anyone had any kickstand issues yet? I'm not trying ot put bad mouth on it or anything but just wondering.
    You've convinced me to be extra cautious... I'm going to put my Evo in a drawer and stop using it, that way I can make sure it never breaks! :rolleyes:

just don't fall with the phone in your hand and the kickstand open. "million to one shot doc. million to one."

Kickstand is crazy awesome. I use it a lot and I thought I'd never use it.
    I use it so that my phone can be a DESK CLOCK, LOL.

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Gotta Question for the Kickstand Clan concerning...ummm..the kickstand

Kickstand rules for video podcasts via Dogcatcher. One of my favorite features got sure.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

Quote Originally Posted by curthibbs View Post
    You've convinced me to be extra cautious... I'm going to put my Evo in a drawer and stop using it, that way I can make sure it never breaks! :rolleyes:
    I see someone has jokes!

When I get bored I sometimes flick the kickstand open and close and have no signs of the kickstand weakening. I would say go for it.

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

Same here... using it a lot more than I imagined.

I was pretty meh about the kickstand when I heard about it, but I use it all the time now. I use it when I have the phone on speaker phone a lot and watching vids mostly.

I use it to clean the gaps in my teeth. I am British.

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    When I get bored I sometimes flick the kickstand open and close and have no signs of the kickstand weakening. I would say go for it.
    I've caught myself doing this too....lol

But seriously, the kickstand itself is metal and it seems to be anchored in the phone quite well. I cant see it breaking unless you were trying to break it.
    Software Engineer

Global Posts
    1,875 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10.1 / Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by utnick View Post
    i use it to clean the gaps in my teeth. I am british.
    fail... Rotflmao
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

Software Engineer

www.gksmithlcw.com

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts

I am officially renaming this thread.

"What do YOU use the kickstand for?"

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen_speedy-toastcfh

I flip mine open and closed a couple of hundred times a day like a nervous tick. No issues yet but I will kept trying

and for the OP. if you're like a lot of us you will want the next hot thing coming out in a year and that might time itself just perfect for the life-span of your kickstand ending. although, they seem pretty rugged and i am assuming are gonna last a while. they scratch pretty damn easy, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dougeetx View Post
    I'm wondering if it's the bodyglove on mine that's really making it less stable when I put it on the kickstand.
    Yeah, that's exactly it (it was more stable before I put my BG case on). Since I only use the kickstand when watching the Slingplayer (oh, and like someone else said, to ward off muggers ), it's NBD unless the table's not absolutely flat.

But I like the BG case (it doesn't scratch my phone, unlike the Seidio/Platinum one ) enough to not take it off just for this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D5 View Post
    I flip mine open and closed a couple of hundred times a day like a nervous tick. No issues yet but I will kept trying
    And I thought I was the only one. LOL

I love the kickstand. iPhone owners wish they had one
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast