- 06-29-2010, 10:57 PM #2
- 06-29-2010, 11:03 PM #3
- 06-29-2010, 11:09 PM #5
- 06-29-2010, 11:11 PM #7
- 06-29-2010, 11:11 PM #8
- 06-29-2010, 11:12 PM #9
- 06-29-2010, 11:18 PM #10
- 06-29-2010, 11:39 PM #11
- 06-29-2010, 11:40 PM #12
- 06-29-2010, 11:41 PM #13
- 06-29-2010, 11:43 PM #14
- 06-29-2010, 11:46 PM #15
- 06-30-2010, 12:00 AM #17
- 29 Posts
Got the notification, installed....took 5 minutes over wifi and all is fine. I had no issues prior and, as far as I can tell, no issues now. Though, I do see more bars on wifi. I did have to replace a music player widget, but I have seen the highest wifi speed tests since the update.
- 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM #18
Haven't updated because I'm on vacation in Iceland, land of the midnight sun and limited WiFi access. It'd cost me at least 3 cappicinnos to hang out in Te og Kaffe long enough to update.
Thought I'd read that the problem came from updating twice, and that as long as you ignored any repeat update prompt you'd be ok. Anyone reporting brickage on INITIAL update attempt?
- 06-30-2010, 05:28 AM #19
- 06-30-2010, 05:30 AM #20
- 06-30-2010, 05:49 AM #21
- 06-30-2010, 05:56 AM #22
- 06-30-2010, 09:33 AM #23
- 06-30-2010, 09:49 AM #24
- 06-30-2010, 09:57 AM #25
Well I thought my first post would be to report a bricked phone but, luckily, it didn't happen. The new update worked great and took about 15 minutes.
- Never had the grounded issue so can't confirm
- Of course, I lost the Android wallpapers (except the one I was using) but will download again as soon as I find the link (anyone have it?)
- Wi-fi IS a little better (but not great)
- I confirmed "N" does work
- Screen seems a little snappier
- Widget re-loads required - no bigee
- Battery does seem a little better but too early to confirm
- 4G even seems better - more bars in more places (eat your heart out AT&T)
It may not be perfect but it's a step in the right direction for those of us that don't root (yet).
Thanks for all the guidance folks!