Since the Update isn't going anywhere,,,,

stlfrosti

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
and since everyone is losing Widgets and wallpapers,

Isn't there a overall great backup App that can be used before the update and everything will not be lost??

I have Astro but the backup looks incomplete? or I'm not sure how to use it.

Will Titanium Backup take care of all these things??

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
and since everyone is losing Widgets and wallpapers,

Isn't there a overall great backup App that can be used before the update and everything will not be lost??

I have Astro but the backup looks incomplete? or I'm not sure how to use it.

Will Titanium Backup take care of all these things??

You have to be rooted for Titanium.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You don't lose widgets. They just need to be reloaded, not a big deal. Wallpapers are a different story, but that's easily taken care of by copying them from your phone to a designated folder on your pc.

stlfrosti

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
You don't lose widgets. They just need to be reloaded, not a big deal. Wallpapers are a different story, but that's easily taken care of by copying them from your phone to a designated folder on your pc.

OK, that's no big deal then, thnx

You have to be rooted for Titanium.

What does that mean. For my rig to be 'Rooted' and WHY do some do that??

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
All mine still work. I did have to remove the "Loading" message on the screen then put the app/widget back on. But it was not a big deal. Nothing was "broke"

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
All mine still work. I did have to remove the "Loading" message on the screen then put the app/widget back on. But it was not a big deal. Nothing was "broke"

They're effectively broken if they won't load after the update, so yes they were broken.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
They're effectively broken if they won't load after the update, so yes they were broken.

You can always do a hard reset and everything will be like brand new. You will just have to reload your apps and games. I did it after the update and it works great.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You can always do a hard reset and everything will be like brand new. You will just have to reload your apps and games. I did it after the update and it works great.

Why would someone want to do that? I was responding to his widgets not loading and you're suggesting a hard reset?