Revised Qik app (v 3.54) now available in Market

fgkay

May 17, 2010
Visit site
New version is out. Downloaded, rebooted, and video chat connections between our 2 EVO's is still intermittent. Anyone seeing an improvement?

Here's the release info from Qik's blog:

==========================================

Hey HTC EVO 4G Qikkers ? Thanks to all of you for sending us your great feedback. We are glad to see you video chatting away. We are currently seeing more than 25,000 video chats happening per day with an average of 4 minutes / video chat session.We know that many of you have hit issues and so we are excited to roll out this new release (version 3.54), which has a number of bug fixes including the following:

Connectivity issues improved: In certain network conditions, there were issues where it would take a long time to get connected and initiate a chat session. We have made changes to the way the connection is established to make it significantly faster than before.

Better performance in low network conditions: When the network bandwidth fluctuated below a certain threshold, sometimes the video would not flow both ways. With this update we now adapt to these conditions faster and more gracefully, enabling the 2-way video to perform much better.

SMS verification no longer necessary: With this update, we no longer send you an SMS to verify your phone number. So, if you have been waiting for your SMS to come through ? you don?t have to wait anymore. Just update your client to this version and you?ll be all set.

Video chats are not automatically archived for playback: With this update your Qik Video Chats are no longer automatically archived to your account on Qik | Record and share video live from your mobile phone, and we will be adding additional user controls for this much-requested feature in subsequent releases.

So, go on ahead ? download ?Qik for HTC EVO 4G? this version from the Android Market, give it try and keep sending us your feedback at support@qik.com.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Video chatted for over an hour thru wifi. ZERO lag and very clear. I'm extremely pleased with the 2 way chat. It's awesome. I just wish I didn't have to hold the talk button lol

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Me either. It worked perfectly fine earlier in the day. Now I'm trying to connect with the same person and it's not working. I'm also getting text messages telling me to go to a site to accept the connection. It wasn't doing that before.

fgkay

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It works decent enough -- when we can get a f**** connection. That's been our biggest problem since day-1 -- the intermittent connection part (and we're both on WiFi).

I'd email Qik support (support@qik.com), but I'm not waiting another week+ for a response to which I already know the answer: Make sure you have the latest version and power-cycle your phone.

Here's a link to Qik's community forum:Community-powered support for Qik. Many questions posted there about EVO video chat problems, most of which have never been answered.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante