Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default How is it multitasking if my browser keeps closing out?

    Every time i leave my browser to check an email or message, when i go back to the browser the last page i was on is gone. Any suggestions?
  2. #2  

    Default

    How is it gone? Do you use the home button and hold it?

    Check your windows too. Browser, menu, and windows. Your pages could have often lost here.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    It seems as if once i go back to the browser, it just loads the home page... vision.sprintpcs.com
  4. #4  

    Default

    Make sure if you are going back and forth you are holding down home like Kedar said, hold it down until the multitask window opens. Then you should be able to switch back and forth without it closing. If you are backing out or just tapping home it might be closing your browser.
  5. #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mwbtown003 View Post
    Make sure if you are going back and forth you are holding down home like Kedar said, hold it down until the multitask window opens. Then you should be able to switch back and forth without it closing. If you are backing out or just tapping home it might be closing your browser.
    I dont think it will close it in this case either.

    Matter a fact, I can't think of a way to close it without killing it manually... Mine *always* stays open, all the time. And I like it like that.
  6. #6  

    Default

    Play with the browser settings also. I think I remember seeing an option to always go back to the home page when the browser is opened.
  7. #7  

    Default

    It shouldn't matter how you leave the browser, as long as you aren't pressing the back key a ton of times.

    Are you using a task killer? If you kill the internet task, it can't exactly take you back where it was
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AldousSnow View Post
    Every time i leave my browser to check an email or message, when i go back to the browser the last page i was on is gone. Any suggestions?
    What browser are you using? With the default i just checked and there is no option to go back to the homepage on close. also, make sure you dont have a task killer (ATK) they are pointless.
  9. #9  
    VKitty's Avatar

    Posts
    225 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holsum View Post
    also, make sure you dont have a task killer (ATK) they are pointless.
    Have you read the numerous post on task killer? They are not pointless
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VKitty View Post
    Have you read the numerous post on task killer? They are not pointless
    For what most people use them for, they are. Task killers should only really be used on the rare occasion that there are apps acting up, not automatic like many people do.
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VKitty View Post
    Have you read the numerous post on task killer? They are not pointless
    BAHAHAHAHAHA do you know anything about android/linux?!?!?!? They are pointless. android manages process and apps just fine without your intervention. if apps are idle for a specific period of time and you open up something that needs to resources android will clear up the space that you need. as far are RAM. any RAM not used is wasted RAM. android fills up the stack and leaves about 40-50mb for a comfort zone. your phone is fine running with that alone.

    If you dont believe me try it. Delete ATK off your phone and watch how it doesnt use any more battery and preforms just as well if not better then when you were killing needless things and possibly hurting your phone by not shutting done apps/processes gracefully.
  12. #12  
    genEric122's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holsum View Post
    BAHAHAHAHAHA do you know anything about android/linux?!?!?!? They are pointless. android manages process and apps just fine without your intervention. if apps are idle for a specific period of time and you open up something that needs to resources android will clear up the space that you need. as far are RAM. any RAM not used is wasted RAM. android fills up the stack and leaves about 40-50mb for a comfort zone. your phone is fine running with that alone.

    If you dont believe me try it. Delete ATK off your phone and watch how it doesnt use any more battery and preforms just as well if not better then when you were killing needless things and possibly hurting your phone by not shutting done apps/processes gracefully.
    I am new to Android but have tested this myself and am now a believer... So far my battery has gotten better without killing the many apps that my task killer say's are running.
    My O.C.D. is telling me to clean the page of apps but after a couple days test I am convinced.
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by genEric View Post
    I am new to Android but have tested this myself and am now a believer... So far my battery has gotten better without killing the many apps that my task killer say's are running.
    My O.C.D. is telling me to clean the page of apps but after a couple days test I am convinced.
    Same here. I had the paid, full version of ATK, but I uninstalled it anyway and have been getting about 14 hours of use until I'm down to 10% battery life.

    Since I barely got my Evo on Friday (not quite a week yet), it's and/or the battery cycled a few times, the ota update, the removal of ATK that improved battery life.
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by genEric View Post
    I am new to Android but have tested this myself and am now a believer... So far my battery has gotten better without killing the many apps that my task killer say's are running.
    My O.C.D. is telling me to clean the page of apps but after a couple days test I am convinced.

    I hope you love your phone even more now!
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default

    Thanks all.. it was ATK that was killing the internet when screen is off. Stupid me for not figuring that out.

    I go back and forth about ATK.. and this isnt the thread for it. I just know that when adding ATK i double my battery life. When removing ATK i cut my battery life in half.

    That's all i have to say about ATK.
  16. #16  
    akarol's Avatar

    Posts
    458 Posts
    Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

    Default

    Using the HOME key to cycle between apps and go back and forth to the home screen allows for apps to remain open. If you're using the BACK key to go back to the home screen, it will restart the app when opened.
  17. #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AldousSnow View Post
    Thanks all.. it was ATK that was killing the internet when screen is off. Stupid me for not figuring that out.

    I go back and forth about ATK.. and this isnt the thread for it. I just know that when adding ATK i double my battery life. When removing ATK i cut my battery life in half.

    That's all i have to say about ATK.
    That's not credit to ATK. Find out what app is killing your battery. Even ATK's creator says it shouldn't be used to save battery life, that's not what it was designed for.

    Once you figure out the trouble app, you should have equal power usage.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Law View Post
    That's not credit to ATK. Find out what app is killing your battery. Even ATK's creator says it shouldn't be used to save battery life, that's not what it was designed for.

    Once you figure out the trouble app, you should have equal power usage.
    I actually agree with you Vincent Law... spoke to the developer myself. The thing is... I just dont have time to tinker with the phone like this. I've tested this with a phone that has hard reset to stock. ZERO apps installed but ATK. Results were the same.... ATK lasted longer on a stock EVO. It's been almost 4 weeks and I got to get back to living life (not spending all day trying to figure out how to get the most battery life). I'm just happy with the results.

    But that's just me... others with more time on their hands can keep tinkering with the phone.

Posting Permissions

B