Unrooting Evo 4G help

ahampton0217#AC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the rooting thing and had a guy root my phone back in June and he put fresh on it and ever since battery sucked keeps rebooting and I just don't like it anymore. If someone can point me in the right direction and help me to unroot my phone it would make me very happy! I've never done anything like this before so I'm a rookie at this. Thanks for your help

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

gphunkplp

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
ah don't unroot it head on over to xda dev website look for a rom you would like and follow the instructions on how to install it and you will be much happier wipe the battery stats as well it will battery drain. youll be flashing roms kernels and recoverys in no time

ahampton0217#AC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
ah don't unroot it head on over to xda dev website look for a rom you would like and follow the instructions on how to install it and you will be much happier wipe the battery stats as well it will battery drain. youll be flashing roms kernels and recoverys in no time

Will it tell me how to wipe the battery stats and stuff like that

dubyasux

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
The first thing you will need to do is determine what software currently is installed on your EVO. To do this first select Menu => Settings => About phone => Software information then note the Android version, Software number, PRI Version, and PRL Version. Next press More on the Software information screen and note the Kernel version, Baseband version, and Build number. Finally power off your phone then press and hold the volume down button and the power button simultaneously until the phone boots into recovery mode. Note whether you have S-OFF and the HBOOT version, then navigate to RECOVERY with the volume up/down key and press the power button to select and note the recovery name and version displayed on the screen.

Once you have obtained this information, post the results here.

ahampton0217#AC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Here is the stuff that I found

Android version - 2.3.3

Software number - 4.54.651.1

PRI version - 2.33_003

PRL version - 60690

Baseband version - 2.15.00.12.19

Build number - Fresh Evo 4.3.3 by flipz

Kernel version - 2.6.35.10-g13578ee htc-kernel@and 18-2 #1

I booted into recovery and I couldn't find the S-OFF version, hboot version, and recovery name and version.

dubyasux

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
First I suggest you install Amon RA v2.3 recovery available at [Recovery] [09-Feb-2011] RA-supersonic-v2.3 - xda-developers. Download the file PC36IMG.zip to your computer, copy the file to the root folder of the EVO's SD card, power the phone down, press and hold the volume down and power buttons simultaneously to access the bootloader. Once the bootloader starts it should detect PC36IMG.zip and ask if you want to update the bootloader; select yes and Amon RA recovery will be installed.

The ROM I currently use is MikG 3.11 available at MikG v3.11 [3/9/2012]. Be sure to download the full version to your computer. I also use the Classic Sense Kernel v 1.5 available at [KERNEL][WIP] Classic Sense Kernel v1.5 [JUL 22 2012][GINGERBREAD][SENSE] - xda-developers. Be sure to download the SBC version of the kernel for improved battery charging.

After you finish downloading the zip files for the ROM and kernel to your computer, copy these files to the root folder of the EVO's SD card. Review the youtube video at How to Flash a ROM on the HTC Evo 4G.flv - YouTube to get an overview of the procedure to flash a new ROM on your EVO. Make sure the EVO battery is charged at least 40% before trying to flash the ROM.

When you are ready to flash the ROM, power the phone down then press and hold the volume down and power buttons until the phone boots into recovery. Use the volume up/down button to highlight Recovery and press the power button to select. Before flashing a new ROM you should perform a nandroid backup in case you need to restore your current working configuration. To do this select Backup/Restore and press the power button, select Nandroid backup and press the power button, select Perform backup and press the power button, then press the the power button to confirm that you want to perform the operation. The nandroid backup will take up to 10 minutes to complete.

After the nandroid backup is complete, select Return, press the power button, select Wipe, and press the power button. Now select Wipe CACHE, press the power button, press the power button again to confirm, select Wipe DALVIK-CACHE, press the power button, press the power button again to confirm, select Wipe DATA, press the power button, and press the power button again to confirm. Now repeat Wipe CACHE, Wipe DALVIK-CACHE, and Wipe DATA. Next select Return, press the power button, select Flash zip from sd card, press the power button, select Choose zip from sd card, press the power button, use the volume up key to select MikG-v3.11-signed.zip, press the power button, press the power button again to confirm, and wait while the ROM is flashed. Do not power off your phone! After the ROM flash has completed, select Choose zip from sd card, press the power button, use the volume up key to select classickernelv15-sbc.zip, press the power button, press the power button again to confirm, and wait while the kernel is flashed. After the kernel flash has completed, select Return, press the power button, select Reboot, and press the power button.

The first boot after flashing the ROM will take 10 minutes or so. After the phone has booted, you will need to configure your gmail account and reinstall your apps from the Play Store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12