Is this normal battery life ?

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have the new update. Google talk is not signed in but every time I stop it it comes back on and stays on.

the service will always be running as it is used for gmail sync too.
One thing I did besides disabling the auto login and did the complete signout. . . since I dont use it other then web chats with my son once in a while on my PC only, i signed out of it completely on my computer too for grins and giggles. I noticed when you launch Gtalk now it defaults to login right away now instead of logging in automatically on launch now.

so i would suggest shutting it off on your computer also to make sure it is completely signed off and doesnt auto sign in as soon as you launch it.
The auto sign in check box seems like it is only for when the phone boots and not for app launch.

OrderedtheEvo

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm at 7 hours with 55% left
1 hr in phone calls
camera some browsing

Wow I'm jelous.

the service will always be running as it is used for gmail sync too.
One thing I did besides disabling the auto login and did the complete signout. . . since I dont use it other then web chats with my son once in a while on my PC only, i signed out of it completely on my computer too for grins and giggles. I noticed when you launch Gtalk now it defaults to login right away now instead of logging in automatically on launch now.

so i would suggest shutting it off on your computer also to make sure it is completely signed off and doesnt auto sign in as soon as you launch it.
The auto sign in check box seems like it is only for when the phone boots and not for app launch.

I will have to try this. Thanks

oddlou

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
My battery life today is crazy. I have an exchange account and a gmail account, both pushing (about 15 e-mail received today, along with a few texts). Background data is on. I've made a few phone calls (maybe 20 minutes or so). Done about 10 minutes of web surfing. Very light day for me so far, but still, I've been off my charger for about 8 hours and I'm still at 73%. According to juice plotter, I have over 14 hours left.

Yesterday was much heavier, with a lot more emails, texts, web surfing, probably an hour or so worth of calls, gps directions for about an hour and a half...and I still made it to 12 hours or so when I put the phone back on the charger with about 10% left. This blows away my more recent smartphone I've had, aside from a blackberry, out of the water. Before the update, my battery life was about 1/3 better than my Pre. Since the update, I'm at least doubling what I would get from my Pre. Pretty rad!

buggyman

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
for the last week I have been working in a different building then usual and the cell signal on any phone his horrible. Anyways just having a bad signal my phone battery is absolutely horrible. Off the charger at 730 and by noon I am usually at 40-50% and that is with mobile data off. So if people are in a poor signal area this eats the battery fast.

OrderedtheEvo

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Okay so am at 10% and it's been 10 hrs with light use. I got about 30 emails in total and about 10 txts. No phone calls no browsing no nothing. Maybe my problem lies at work cause my signal does drop. If I was really using this phone I would be dead in about 4 hrs probably.

ljm42

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Wow - I feel your pain, but am not convinced it is a weak signal issue. I was getting about the same results as you, as far as I could tell it was the hard reset that drastically improved things. Also, I do seem to be getting better results after the update, but all in all I'm super happy with where I'm at.

Right now I'm at fairly moderate usage (checking emails, few texts) and am a few minutes shy of 9 hours off the charger and 8/10 bars left on the battery meter.

OrderedtheEvo

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Quick update.

Last night I did a hard reset and battery life has improved a lot. As of right now I have been unplugged for 13hrs and I'm still at 35% and today I actually used my phone a lot.

Please do yourself a favor and if your getting bad battery life do a hard reset. It's not hard and it doesn't take long to get your phone back how you like it.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I am soooooooo tired of fighting this battery issue ... I am losing the fun of the phone ... I just went to sprint and complained like rabid dog and they gave me another battery (free) ... If i am in my car I plug up ... If I am at the salon I plug up ... anywhere in between where I can't plug in, I have my back up battery ... Even with heavy usage and everything I NEED to be on I can still get at least 6-7 hours straight ... So now with an extra battery and plugging it in when I can ... I am cool ... Stop fighting a losing battle ... Be happy with the phone and use it fully by accepting the battery issue and at least purchase an exrtra one online or complain to sprint .

pgrtag

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Quick update.

Last night I did a hard reset and battery life has improved a lot. As of right now I have been unplugged for 13hrs and I'm still at 35% and today I actually used my phone a lot.

Please do yourself a favor and if your getting bad battery life do a hard reset. It's not hard and it doesn't take long to get your phone back how you like it.

How do you do a "Hard Reset"? Is that a battery pull? Thanks.

Snapdragon

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I've tried everything! Every trick, tweek and tip. Tried both soft and hard resets. Installed the latest update. Turned off every data consuming feature, nuked my live wallpaper, uninstalled every app and have pretty much reduced my beloved Evo to a naked and shameless state. And, despite those efforts, I still cannot get the battery to last longer than 7 1/2 hours.

I've tried everything! Very frustrating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800