Activating an EVO 4g?

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
Alright so I have a question.

I am having a replacement EVO 4G sent to my place. Should be waiting for me when I get home.

How do I go about activating it if I already have my current EVO activated. I want to check to see if there is any dead pixels, light leakage, etc...

OR

Do I activate it, see if there are any problems and if there are, switch back to my current phone?

How do I go about doing this?

Thanks

azkevman

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
You can turn on the device to see the screen and light leakage without activating it.
To activate it simply login to your sprint account online and select the option to activate a new phone.
If you for some reason need to switch back then you do the same process with the phone that will be deactivated.

theiphonewannabe

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I find that the light leakage goes away when I cover it with a case. :)

As for activation, make sure you leave the new phone off until you have changed the ESN's on Sprints site. That way the automatic activation will kick in.

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
As for activation, make sure you leave the new phone off until you have changed the ESN's on Sprints site....

What's this mean? I never activated a phone on my own. So I'm kinda clueless... Should I just call sprint and have them help me?

theiphonewannabe

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Your EVO has an automated activation. If you turn on the new phone it will fail at that and you will have to manually do it. Both ways will work, but it is quicker to have it go on its own.

When you go to Sprints site and log in, you will see options at the right hand side of each phone on your account. Find the one that you want to activate and clcik on Activate new Phone. It will likely then ask you if you want to back up your contacts, just ignore that.

At that point, you will be asked to enter in the ESN. This is the number that needs to be registered with Sprint before activation can commence.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
Alright, got my phone. Switched service. All is good and all is running. Less light leakage on this. Screen doesn't seem raised like my original. No dead pixel that I can notice. Everything seems good to go! I'm happy...

Has anyone had a replacement sent to them before? Do I have to send everything back? Battery, charger, SD card, etc.? I might swap SD cards if I have to return.... I have some movies on the other one that I don't feel like reconverting.

flyr29

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Just got my phone yesterday but I was unable to activate it right away. Now I'm in a roaming area that only gets vz and att. Any idea if I'll be able to activate it without being in sprint coverage?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21