Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default desk clock?

I am trying to use my phone as a desk clock. I open the standard clock widget and select the desk mode (and I tried the night mode). But then after a minute or 2, my screen turns off like normal stop of usage.
    How do I get the clock to stay on?

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

I use Kaloer Clock and it is great. It has a setting to be always on or always on when plugged in plus a ton of other stuff. It should suit your needs (and is FREE)

Quote Originally Posted by jnadelman View Post
    I am trying to use my phone as a desk clock. I open the standard clock widget and select the desk mode (and I tried the night mode). But then after a minute or 2, my screen turns off like normal stop of usage.
    How do I get the clock to stay on?
    I think it only stays on if it's plugged in.

I think there are apps available in the market that let the screen stay on even when unplugged but that would drain battery quick I imagine.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Default Desk Clock burn in

Does using the desk clock create a burn in on the screen? I am thinking about using this but do not want to ruin the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by 360jeff View Post
    Does using the desk clock create a burn in on the screen? I am thinking about using this but do not want to ruin the screen.
    Hmm thats a good question but my completely wild guess is no it shouldnt. I think burn in is only a problem with plasma TVs, I dont think burn in has ever been a problem with LCD based monitors. Hence why you never hear people complaining about burn in on LCD tvs. Of course I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by charliegrs View Post
    Hmm thats a good question but my completely wild guess is no it shouldnt. I think burn in is only a problem with plasma TVs, I dont think burn in has ever been a problem with LCD based monitors. Hence why you never hear people complaining about burn in on LCD tvs. Of course I could be wrong.
    It's technically possible to "burn" an LCD display, but there's no way it's going to happen with a cell phone.

ROM
    Stock

No it will not burn in on the stock desk clock because the only pixels that are on is the time it self and it moves around the screen to prevent burn.

There are a couple of desk clock apps mentioned above... that are free and in the market.

Remember, you have a kickstand! My old alarm clock is off to the side now.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

As long as we are on the subject is there an alarm that can play music from your library to wake you instead of a buzzer like a alarm clock radio can?

You can keep the screen on all the time when plugged in by going to Settings > Applications > Development > check "Stay Awake"

Default Re: desk clock?

I use an app called bedside.. I like it, and it serves its purpose beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by misplacedhatred View Post
    I use an app called bedside.. I like it, and it serves its purpose beautifully.
    While looking for this, I found one called One Nightstand. It's free, unlike Bedside. I am going to try it out tonight, but it looks good.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jopela View Post
    I use Kaloer Clock and it is great. It has a setting to be always on or always on when plugged in plus a ton of other stuff. It should suit your needs (and is FREE)
    Great program, but it breaks my notification sound even after turning it off. Only after uninstalling or doing a power cycle did my notification sounds come back. On EVO...

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Default Re: desk clock?

There's a ClockView App. in google play store.
    Please read the App. descriptions.
    link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...scom.clockview