Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Noob!!

ok, a best buy finally got some in and they are saving it for me... I will have my evo at 3pm today... if everyone could chip in and help me figure out some of the first things to do with it, I would really appreciate it... maybe I guess a TOP FIVE LIST would be helpful!! I am coming from a palm pre!! so any info, app, widgets anything to make the transition easier, please let me know!!! Thanks to all!!!

search the forums. also android applications thread helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesrshaffer3 View Post
    ok, a best buy finally got some in and they are saving it for me... I will have my evo at 3pm today... if everyone could chip in and help me figure out some of the first things to do with it, I would really appreciate it... maybe I guess a TOP FIVE LIST would be helpful!! I am coming from a palm pre!! so any info, app, widgets anything to make the transition easier, please let me know!!! Thanks to all!!!
    1) adjust your account + sync properties to suite you

2) adjust screen birghtness (these 2 things will make your battery last WAY longer)

3) then update your PRL and HTC firmware versions.

4) download any apps you might like

5) customize your widgets/apps on all 7 screens!

5a) ENJOY WHAT I BELIEVE IS THE BEST PHONE TO DATE!

congrats!
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

Welcome to the "Kickstand Clan". Check your PM in about 2 min.

it is a great phone just tell best buy you cant buy it from them for terminating an employee for making a cartoon
    i would tell them just for grin n giggles

I should have posted the same thing.
    Been just playing with the screens and getting things to somewhat look like I want them too right off the bat, getting rid of the included icons for the ones I want and a few apps that I knew I wanted right away.

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR HTC FIRMWARE!!!

Actually, you may not have a choice, it'll probably come with the latest, or update automatically on first use. But if prompted to upgrade, I'd say don't. This latest upgrade has caused worse performance for a number of people. I'd only consider upgrading if you find you have a problem the upgrade is supposed to fix.

Aside from that, spend time here and READ, READ, READ. Then play, play, play. There's a ton of info here just waiting for you to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Holsum View Post
    1) adjust your account + sync properties to suite you

2) adjust screen birghtness (these 2 things will make your battery last WAY longer)

3) then update your PRL and HTC firmware versions.

4) download any apps you might like

5) customize your widgets/apps on all 7 screens!

5a) ENJOY WHAT I BELIEVE IS THE BEST PHONE TO DATE!

congrats!
    All top notch ideas.

I'll add my $0.02. Get a great program called "setting profiles", another called spare parts. Love 'em!!